Describe your last eagle

Well, if I'm not forgetting one along the way, my last eagle (non handicap) was in June 2018. Second hole of the round. 135 yard par 3. Hit a sweet little 9i that landed softly in front of the pin and rolled in. My first (and only to date) HIO.

Actually had my second eagle of 2019 this week. Par 4, dogleg right, hit my drive around a huge mature tree at the corner ended up approx 112 from pin. Green is elevated approx 4 stories from my shot, protected by bunkers across the front, hit my gap wedge and saw one bounce on green so I knew that it had cleared the bunkers. When I got up to the green there was no ball on the surface and I knew because of the club I selected that it hadn’t gone long because the pin was front middle so took a quick look in the hole in there she was.

My earlier eagle this year was on a par five dogleg right, I actually put it on the green in two shots to approximately 15 feet and made the putt. Was probably my best 3 wood from fairway (230 out) that I had ever hit. I think that was the first eagle putt that I’ve ever made after hitting the green in 2. Over the years have had a few chances but never actually made the putt.

Had several this year. Last was 298 yard par 4. Flew it on the green to 16 feet and made the putt.

Home course, Thorntree Golf Club, 9th hole par 5. Good drive to the middle over a corner, 3w over the next corner 20ish yards short of the green, hit a dead handed 54 2’ short and rolled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that i the proper time to eagle

Mine was on my home course on the second day of our club championship last month. I holed out from 95 yards for a 2 on a par 4.

Big boomerang left par 5. 290 drive the the right rough. Still cant see the green. Can see the outside of the right side bunker, no green, gps says 260, 245 carry to front. Never played this course. Not playing all that well. 5 coors deep. 4 wood sounds good. Catch it clean but pull it 15 yards left of my line. Thought i was way left. Roll around the corner.

20190928_120239.jpg

Think it landed short of the green by a few feet. 2 footer for yeeagle.

Is it deja Vu with all these new threads popping up or was there one about this already?

Either way last one was a driver and pull out nine iron, when did just pass the cup spawn back hung out on the edge for a second and fell in while I was driving my carr to the green

Holed a gap wedge from 105 on a par 4. Dead on line with the pin over a rise at the back of the green and was fortunate enough to see it disappear into the hole after hitting about 2 1/2 feet in front of the hole.

I’m currently playing and just hit a 40 yard pitch shot for a 2 on a par 4. I smoked my drive 330 yards and only had 40 left.

166 yard par 3. 8 iron (I think), straight in the hole.

280 yard par 4 that plays a little uphill, hit a really good drive that probably landed 15-20 yards short of the green but took a couple of really fortunate bounces and rolled onto the green about 15 feet from the hole. I was able to drain that putt for eagle.

Still hunting for my first! I've flirted with plenty from approach shots, but I've only had a few putts at eagle. The closet I got was driver/hybrid to 20 feet on a par 5. Quick putt down the hill that pulled a 270 around the cup.

Never had one. I don’t hit it far enough to go for many par 5’s in 2 so it would almost have to be a hole out if I ever get one

Big boomerang left par 5. 290 drive the the right rough. Still cant see the green. Can see the outside of the right side bunker, no green, gps says 260, 245 carry to front. Never played this course. Not playing all that well. 5 coors deep. 4 wood sounds good. Catch it clean but pull it 15 yards left of my line. Thought i was way left. Roll around the corner.

View attachment 8909589

Think it landed short of the green by a few feet. 2 footer for yeeagle.

Awesome shot buddy!!!

Not long ago on my home course. Hit a 6 iron off the tee to 125 out on a short par 4, PW took one bounce and rolled in like it was going home. Funny thing is, I did the same thing last year on the same hole from 90 out.

Home course, par 5 15th hole

Drive right side of the fairway, then hit 6i on the exact line I wanted but due to the sun I had no idea if it was short or if it made the green over the water
Got up to a point where we could see the flag and my ball was 2ft from the hole and I rolled in the putt for an eagle, net albatross

99% of my eagles are with a putt or chip-in on a par-5. As it turns out, my last eagle was in my last round, last hole and on the last day I was in Scottsdale, AZ this Summer. I hit a drive on #18 at Moon Valley CC to 97 yards and holed the 2nd shot!

Big drive over the dogleg corner of a 450 yard par 5 left me 173 to the pin (I am normally about 200 - 210 out with a good drive). Slightly downwind and the ground is very dry and hard so hit 7 iron to allow for roll out. Ended up about 6 feet from the hole and drained the putt for an eagle 3.

Hot day today. Crosswind. I hit my drive clearing both fairway bunkers and hit a 5i to about 30 feet. Sunk the putt for eagle. I’ve been up on 2 plenty of times on this home and I have never made the putt.
37FC10A5-F175-4C22-AA93-8844E35949F3.png

it was more then 10 years ago: par 5 535 yards 18th hole. it is a double bender....dogs left then dogs right at green

hit a nice drive with some draw, which is odd for me because i am usually a fade guy...it was on the left side of the fairway which was nice since the green dog legged right. i was about 230 out and i hit a great 3 wood with a fade. landed on the green about 20 feet away and i banged the putt home. last eagle i have had.

that was also my best round ever....i ended up 6 over for the day. i have not come close to that score since

College Fields (Okemos, MI) hole #1. Tee shot ended up short off the bunker and a 3H into the green and made the 7 foot putt! It was pretty sweet!

And then my buddy Eagled the short par 4 - #16 in the same round!

4e02a0934bc0d4e90b0452aac47feda0.jpg

7c8b8935fbe62775c17fdd0e8a4c2ef4.jpg

20191003_143241 - 2mp.jpg

#15 at home again. Except today it was a 264 yd drive barely over the left fairway bunker (like a foot over), and 216 yd 3H barely over the left frontside bunker (like and inch over) to 5 ft. Little right to left putt to win the hole.

Back