Desert Golf (Rattlesnake Content)

Reaction score
Handicap
The guys caught this one by the caddy shack here at Wekopa in Scottsdale today.

Stay in the short grass… or just take a drop if you hit it in the desert, haha.

EFC6E0DC-0412-499B-919C-D0168F830CA6.jpeg

Anyone got dibs on eating it?

Kill it with fire, and then set that fire on fire with a bigger fire, just to be safe.

It seemed upset. What with the rattling sound and all.

Never tried it. Any good?

Yup. Tastes like, eh snake? Bony sons of guns, much prefer a chunk of deboned python or anaconda.

Awesome,
Glad they are on this thread and not my course... I was disappointed we didn't see any in Vegas but at the same time relieved.

Yup. Tastes like, eh snake? Bony sons of guns, much prefer a chunk of deboned python or anaconda.

I’ll try anything once.

Let the Nope Rope be. They’re just passing by and mean you no harm.

Awesome,
Glad they are on this thread and not my course... I was disappointed we didn't see any in Vegas but at the same time relieved.
6186C986-07AD-47F1-AEF2-380E827B1159.jpeg

Looks like a diet version of the rattlesnake roundup in Sweetwater, TX!

I'm trying to decide which is worse on the course, alligators or snakes. I'm leaning strongly toward "both"

I'm trying to decide which is worse on the course, alligators or snakes. I'm leaning strongly toward "both"
At least you can usually see 'gators. Snakes are sneaky. Sometimes you hear them before you see them, which is disconcerting to say the least.

Hit a shot into desert brush here in Tucson with a good round going. Wedged my body in to try and punch it out when I heard a rattle and saw a 3 foot rattler about 6 feet away. My heart was pounding but I was able to slowly get myself untangled and escaped without getting bit. The adrenaline rush was real.

Never tried it. Any good?

I had rattlesnake soup one time at a wild game dinner. It was good. It kind of does taste like chicken.

At least you can usually see 'gators. Snakes are sneaky. Sometimes you hear them before you see them, which is disconcerting to say the least.
In Phoenix they are learning to not rattle at humans.

In Phoenix they are learning to not rattle at humans.
That seems bad...

Edit: Or is it good in that they're not rattling and just moving on? Or are they not rattling and just striking?

That seems bad...

Edit: Or is it good in that they're not rattling and just moving on? Or are they not rattling and just striking?

They hate humans way more than humans hate them.

They hate humans way more than humans hate them.
Still doesn't answer my question :ROFLMAO:. They hate us and are out here hunting us or hate us and are getting away undetected?

Still doesn't answer my question :ROFLMAO:. They hate us and are out here hunting us or hate us and are getting away undetected?

Think of them like house cats. If they could murder you in your sleep they would. The rest of the time they just want to be left alone.

And for you to look at their butts.

Hit a shot into desert brush here in Tucson with a good round going. Wedged my body in to try and punch it out when I heard a rattle and saw a 3 foot rattler about 6 feet away. My heart was pounding but I was able to slowly get myself untangled and escaped without getting bit. The adrenaline rush was real.

Up in Flagstaff I was lining up a putt when a tarantula cruised right across my line. They can’t hurt us so <shrug> but it made my BP go up a notch or two.

Missed the putt.

Back