Did You Invest In High Quality Rain Gear?

Galvin Greene but bought thru poshmark at about 1/2 price. Have a zero 1/2 sleeve also. GB&I travel. Ha But last trip 15 days and not a drop of rain. :LOL:

I bought a FJ Hydrolite jacket at the Odyssey Experience. Great jacket but it shrank. Or something.

Since then, I bought Sunice pants and jacket in case I needed them at the Rivalry. I've only played in them once. I guess the pants were okay (never worn any others) but the jacket paled in comparison to the FJ.

FJ rain gloves are the cat's meow.

I have a bunch and have used them a lot in the past for non-golf purposes too: watching kids soccer games, walking the dog, etc.

Yes - since I have played all over the elements this year.

I have what I consider a nice umbrella - from before I was golfing that is a golf umbrella. I got it because it was on sale but it is not flimsy at all so I don't need to worry about it blowing away or breaking.

I have a UA rain coat with an inside mesh lining so it doesn't get sticky. That's my normal every day raincoat.

I have weatherproof pants (not just for golf, but my other outdoor activities)

I have a raincoat I got from budget golf last year without a hood (I would call it more of a windbreaker) that is very comfortable for golfing in, and I have done it a few times in light rain.

i do have a nice rain/waterproof jacket but i didn't buy it for golf. i have used it for golf but i generally avoid playing in the rain, just not fun for me.

With a Bandon trip looming I went out and improved my setup. Have a Galvin Green Goretex jacket that I found on closeout that is amazing. My pants are Callaway and probably my weak link. Also have a new Straight Down Avalanche jacket that is more a wind jacket but has proven to have some water resistance. Have rain gloves as well. I've got all the gear, but still hate playing in the rain.

I have the Chenoa II Jacket from Greyson and it's very very good. I try my best to avoid rain at all cost. If it is raining prior to or during tee off then I wont play, but the times it has started to rain mid round this Jacket has bee amazing. It's nice that the hood can be zipped away into the collar

I dont have rain specific pants and I never will

I've got the Walter Hagen gear from DSG. It definitely does the job and it isn't bad to swing in at all.

With a Bandon trip looming I went out and improved my setup. Have a Galvin Green Goretex jacket that I found on closeout that is amazing. My pants are Callaway and probably my weak link. Also have a new Straight Down Avalanche jacket that is more a wind jacket but has proven to have some water resistance. Have rain gloves as well. I've got all the gear, but still hate playing in the rain.
I have some cold weather stuff from Galvin Green and I gotta say they are well worth the price! I too bought my jackets on sale and would have a tough time swallowing at full price but at least I do know they are worth every penny

Since I walk most of the time, I have a good umbrella for the cart. I bought a better quality rain suit, but never used it. My windbreaker is enough to keep me dry and still swing.

I have to invest again as everything I have is like 2-3 sizes too big now. My shoes are fine though.

I have a pretty nice matching rain jacket & pants in my golf bag... and I can probably count on one hand how many times I have needed to use them (during a round) over the last 15 to 20 years.

I don’t have any rain gear. Typically if the weather calls for rain I won’t play

I bought a good pair of Nike rain gear years ago and still have it. It also works well when it's cold out. If I really needed to have that serious of rain gear, unless I'm on a trip overseas, I would probably just take a rain check instead.

I have a pullover in my bag but seldom use it. An umbrella is usually good enough. If it's a downpour, I'll find some trees or something to pull under and wait it out or just head home.

Nothing golf specific for rain gear at this point... I keep a light weight columbia rain jacket in the bag if there is a chance of weather but rarely need it. I can swing with it on, but it does restrict movement a little.

I have had several FJ jackets each performing marginally at best. I also bought a higher-end Sunice jacket but it was only good for a round or two and now it absorbs as much as it repels.
Pants I've had FJ and Sunice, they are passable but not super-awesome.
Generally speaking if I'm somewhere to golf and it's raining I'm not playing. Heck I don't even carry an umbrella at home. Now if I was going on a destination type trip I would probably invest, but otherwise my funding goes to other more commonly used items.

Pretty luck to have a sister who works for a golf apparel company and the Zero Restriction stuff she's gotten for me for free (overruns or slight cosmetic issues) have been fantastic. Both the pants and the jacket were easy to wear and play in the few times I wore it.

As far as rain gloves, I was pretty set on Mizuno having the best I'd ever used, but I picked up some Callaway Optifit rain gloves in Myrtle Beach and I literally wore the one glove the rest of the year because I liked it so much.

I've got some that I've pieced together over the years. Found some nice Adidas Gore-Tex pants on sale at Budget a few years back. 1 size too big, but they work in a pinch. I use them a lot in the winter when taking the dog for walks, slip the pants over my clothes and the windproofing works wonders! Jacket was the Dicks Sporting Goods brand that was on sale when I knew there was a chance of rain the weekend I was playing. It serves it's purpose!

I have zero rain gear

My regular jacket is water repellent and will do fine in light sprinkles. I have a Columbia hooded rain jacket, but I don't think I've ever worn it for golf. I don't own rain pants. I have a golf umbrella, but it's been used almost everywhere except a golf course.

We don't get a lot of rain in Arizona, so it feels kinda wasteful to invest a lot of money into stuff I might wear once a year at most. During the cold months, I don't play if it's raining; during the hot months, I don't care if I get caught out in a thunderstorm and get soaked - just gimme waterproof shoes and a wide brimmed hat to keep it off my head/out of my eyes and I'm good.

I own a couple of sets of Gore-Tex rain gear. Full parka and bibs which I bought for fishing, and are useless for golf. I have a Columbia light rain jacket for golf, but it’s not the best for trying to swing a club.

I bought some Walter Hagen pants at Dick’s. It was more expensive than I’d like but it surprised me. Water beaded off like it had Rain-X and it was actually a pretty high quality pair of rain pants. My regular rain jacket wasn’t quite up to the same level so I splurged on an older model Adidas off Amazon for a fraction of the cost new. That performed well too.

The big negative for me is walking in the rain pants has that scratchy sound that makes me shiver. The jacket has it too but it’s not as harsh to my ears. I’ve used them 3 and 2 times each this past year.

Back