Differences between mens and ladies heads?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
Are there generally any differences between the actual heads on ladies and mens clubs? I've been pondering a 9 Wood and there are some good deals on ladies Bio Cell 7-9 Wood head and adapters out there which would fit the bill if that's a viable option. If I buy the head and adapter and drop a Matrix Red Tie in it, would it play like my Bio Cell 5-7 Wood?

I know you guys think I'm nuts looking for 9 woods to begin with, but I can't deny that I hit it better than a 4 iron or hybrid and I have to do what's best for my game at this point.

I've played a nine wood for quite some time now. So I don't think you are nuts.

Depends on the club head.
FWIW, try the Callaway Heaven Wood. I would bet dollars to donuts you hit it well. One of the easiest fairway woods to elevate out there.

Depends on the club head.
FWIW, try the Callaway Heaven Wood. I would bet dollars to donuts you hit it well. One of the easiest fairway woods to elevate out there.
I have, and it's a great club which is on my list to replace my current fairway. But I hit it 200-210 yards consistently, which doesn't fill the gap at 185 yards that I have right now.

I was actually looking at the V Series 9 Wood because of my success with the heavenwood, just looking at different options right now and thinking out loud.

I'd venture to say their the same head with just a different color scheme. When looking at club specs if a men's club is around a d4 swing weight the ladies version is usually around a c9. That's the difference in the ladies club usually being an inch shorter.

Back