Different limitations on the number of golf clubs

RecGolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
If the limitation on the number of clubs you could carry were reduced to 13, what would you take out? If it became 15, what would you add?
I would take out my 3-wood / add a 1-iron (very good for punching out from underneath trees with low-hanging branches, and there might be a use for it around the green).

I'm at 13 currently with the 3w benched and for sale.

Get too complicated with more clubs.

As I actually did carry my bag the whole summer and I found my 60 was more bad than good. I carried 13 thru all rounds from about 7/1 forward. Didn't miss the 60.

What would go would depend upon the course and conditions.
What I would add....nothing. I'd just have both high lofted fairways and long irons.

If the limit were 13 I would probably drop my 50* wedge and just learn to adjust with my A wedge.

If the limit were 15 I would add the 5i back to my bag. I may actually add the 5i back to my bag anyway and drop the 50*. It's been a ponder for a minute, now.

Would be fine. Drop the 3w at 15 I wouldn't add anything

Down to 13 it would be my 5 wood. My U85 4 iron can cover the 225 but I can't get over Trees like I can with 5 wood. 15 clubs I would add my 65 deg.

Down to 13 and I probably drop my 3wood or 3 hybrid, might also consider combining the 54 and 58 into a 56.

Add 15 and I likely would add a chipper or a 4 iron for punch out shots.

I would take out my 3 wood and strengthen my 5 wood a bit to become a 4 wood.

Down to 13 and the 5w gets the pine- up to 15 and I add a 2nd driver.

Down to 13 I’d drop the 54° and 58° for a 56° and up to 15° I’d drop the 3 wood and go 3+ and 17° UW.

4i would go. If I had to add one, I'm not sure I could.

15 I would add a desert club

I would drop my 7 wood, I would add my 4 iron back in.

If it was dropped to 13, I'd change my wedge config from 50, 54, 58 to 52, 58.

If it was increased to 15 I'd add a chipper.

I hate to admit it, but golf has been a lot more fun lately without pulling the driver - though I've yet to play a longer course without it. I could probably do without the 4h and just stick with a 5h and 3h.

Regardless, whatever is a strength today will be a liability tomorrow.

I’m at 13 on a regular basis anyway. If I were to add something it would likely be a 4 hybrid.

I took out the 3w after the MC and am rolling with two drivers. The 2nd is my old Cobra driver. I would take it out if only 13 clubs. If I could add a 15th I would roll with it and add a 2h.

With 13, I would ditch the 60-degree wedge. I carry it around because one never knows when I might need to kill a snake.

With 15, I probably would add a 5 wood or a hybrid. In fact, when the 60-degree goes, that is what will replace it.

If 13 I’d likely drop one of my irons which would be course dependent on the length of their par 3’s. At my home course I almost never hit my 7 iron. If one more I might add another driver with a 48” shaft just for fun. When I was younger I had a 48” long drive driver with 7.5º of loft that I used to use at least a few times when playing in scrambles.

Remove: 3 iron / hybrid spot and just switch my 3W to a 4W or something

Add: Probably a 64 (or possibly higher even) degree wedge exclusively for bunkers

I'm currently at 12, going from 4 hybrid to wedge. Will probably look at adding another wood at the top of the back, but would be fine staying at 13.

Remove = 4 iron as it doesn't get a lot of use anyway
Add = 42" or 43" shafted driver

Back