Do any of you play a course where the first hole is a par 3?

One of my favorite local tracks opens with a long (to me) par 3, playing from 200-215. I'm definitely not a fan of first shot of the day being a 5 or 6 iron :LOL:

I rarely hit full shots on a range prior to playing. Give me a shirt game area for some chipping and putting... maybe some 1/4 to 1/2 swing wedges and I'm fine. Beating balls on the range prior to a round is more harm than good for me most of the time.

In this particular case, there isn't any area to hit balls. I can't remember if they even have a practice putting green there or not.

That's crazy how many of you have played a course with a par 3 as #1. I can honestly say of the hundreds of courses I've played I have never seen that.

That's crazy how many of you have played a course with a par 3 as #1. I can honestly say of the hundreds of courses I've played I have never seen that.
I can't recall any either on my 80 or do courses. Might have been one or two, but that'd be a stretch.

Can't say I would mind it. The second hole on a course, being a par 3 can back things up.
Once a course is gone, its gone. So I give every course a pass. ;)

A course I played in a league match a few years ago started with a par 3

One of the guys in a group after me started his round with a hole in one....Not sure how you match that for the rest of your round

Course we played last weekend has a 190 yard par 3 dead into the wind to start out the day.

I effing haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate starting on a par 3. None of our courses around here do, but rest assured in any tournament me or my team is starting on a damn 3 :ROFLMAO:

I have never played a course on which the first hole is a par 3, however my home course, North Kingstown Golf Course, starts and ends the back 9 with par 3s (there is also one in the middle, back 9 par is 34) so on the alternating weeks when my 9-hole league plays the back, we start and end with par 3s. It has never really bothered me.

Interesting historical note, when the PGA tour event in New England was played at Pleasant Valley Country Club (pre TPC Boston) they started the tournament on the 3rd hole, which is a Par 3.

i would hate this course. I play a par 3 that plays 220-235 as the second hole and it drives me nuts... I hate starting an outing on a par 3 as well.

I can't recall ever playing a course, other than a Par 3 or Executive course where hole #1 was a par 3.

I've only ever played one course with a par 3 and it was about a month ago at Baraboo County Club (Baraboo WI). It was a very strange layout to begin with, but a fun course. I just pulled up the first tee and was sort of blown away, especially since there didn't seem to be many par 3's throughout the rest of the course.

I played one a few weeks ago, and i have to be honest, it was off putting. I've done shotguns and started on a Par 3 which didn't affect me. But this one did for some reason.

The course I grew up on in a small town was a 9 hole with a starting par 3, 175yards downhill. Not a bad starting hole imo.

Tanna Farms in Geneva, IL starts with a par 3 island green. Plus they don't have a driving range to warm up on.....

1603206181651.png

Back