Do Folks Like the New Spikeless Shoes?

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a couple pairs of the FJ's Pro SL's and they are very comfortable. But sometimes I wonder if they provide enough traction on non-flat lies. Anyone else?

I just bought a pair. I haven't tried them yet though.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I don't think it's new anymore, but yes I like them, I don't mind the spikes, but I like these better. the only times where I lack traction with them, I'm sure spikes wouldn,t do better

I bought a couple pairs of the FJ's Pro SL's and they are very comfortable. But sometimes I wonder if they provide enough traction on non-flat lies. Anyone else?

I have not wore spikes in probably 6 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I have slipped. Matter of fact, somehow I had more issues slipping in spikes. And I have word different manufacturers in that time. Doubt these will be any different

I have a pair of adidas ones but only wore them for two rounds. They don’t provide much for me in grip, Was slipping all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's new anymore, but yes I like them, I don't mind the spikes, but I like these better. the only times where I lack traction with them, I'm sure spikes wouldn,t do better

You are correct about not being new. Just for me they're new because I've been skeptical of them in the past even though I see many guys wearing them now.

Spikeless shoes have been in play for 20+ years. The designs have evolved over the year and one thing has held true....they work and work well.

I have worn nothing spikeless for several years for all but a handful of rounds per year as I always walk and they are more comfortable to walk in from my experience. Most of my spikeless shoes have been Adidas. I do not feel I lose any traction with them in comparsion to shoes with soft spikes.

The pro s/l are some of the best spikeless shoes I’ve owned and extremely popular with the tour pros. I doubt the pros would wear them if there was an issue with traction.

The pro s/l are some of the best spikeless shoes I’ve owned and extremely popular with the tour pros. I doubt the pros would wear them if there was an issue with traction.

That's why I opted for them. They are nice feeling shoes and not crazy expensive either.

I am pretty much exclusively spikeless and own several different brands. I do have one pair of TW 2015’s that have spikes and will wear those if I know the conditions will be wet and muddy.

I think I have 4 spikeless pairs now, I prefer them and wear them most often.

When I switch to soft-spikes, I don't detect any improvement in my footing.

Spikeless shoes have been in play for 20+ years. The designs have evolved over the year and one thing has held true....they work and work well.

Did not know that. Who was the first to wear them on tour?

At first I wrote them off because my first pair performed poorly.

Since trying the UA Performance SL I may be an SL fan for life. I currently have two pairs of the UA SL and one of the Footjoy Pro SL. I prefer the UA’s.

I’m also ~250 pounds and swing my irons 95-100 mph and driver 116+. So if they can keep me in place, they should be able to keep most in place.

I've played True and Ecco for 6-7 years - don't remember any issues with Ecco, and the Biom 3 have a new sole - always improving. I purchased Skechers Go Golf v3 shoes over the winter and played 2X week since November in them and in the wet - they hold extremely well - in the middle of the sole they have an area that really holds. And they are very comfortable. The new Ecco 3 BOA have extremely soft leather - look like a slipper - a waterproof slipper.

Shop around - many fine choices.

I have not wore spikes in probably 6 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I have slipped. Matter of fact, somehow I had more issues slipping in spikes. And I have word different manufacturers in that time. Doubt these will be any different

I just need to reply my Twitter bio is Ravens, O's, and 410. Lol

I was really bummed when FJ stopped selling the spikeless version of the M Project about 5 years ago. That shoe fit my foot perfectly. I carry and can play a whole round like I'm playing in slippers.

Love the spikeless golf shoes. My favorite are FJ Project M shoes but the only place to get them are eBay. FJ has stopped producing the Project M shoes. My 2nd favorite spikeless golf shoe is FJ ContourFit. I put them on at the house, wear them driving to the course, play and drive home, then take them off.

I love spikeless. It is nice being able to throw them on at home, go to the car, golf then stop at the store on the way home without having to change shoes. Every once in a while I slip but not sure it would matter even with normal soft spikes.

I really like the spikeless shoes. Not only do i feel they give me enough traction but I can also drive with them on to the course and not have it feel like i'm wearing gold shoes while driving.

I too have always been sceptical about the grip performance of spikeless shoes, but I am actually considering some for when I go to my lessons as these are indoors, and also for if I go the range when I am hitting off mats

Maybe I will then try them on the course if we get a nice dry summer and see how they do

I have several pairs of spikeless and love them. No issues with traction and I play in the rain with them.

I prefer spikeless. I think they tend to be lighter, more comfortable, and, more versatile.

I have been one who stuck with the soft spikes for years, until the beginning of this season. I've now stocked-up on spike-less (Skechers in my case), and plan to stick with those. Just as much grip as soft spikes for me, but even more comfortable for all the walking rounds I do.

I had one spikeless pair of golf shoes and, while they were comfortable, it was a complete mess with my traction on the tee box. I'm going to consider some more coming up, but I'm definitely hesitant.

Back