Do have an easily memorable "worst" round?

Oh yes... picture the scene... my mum asked me to take a friend of hers out for a round. I chose the course. A course where I grew up. I rocked up to the first tee with my power caddy and a bag full of blades having dropped £50 in the pro shop on ProV1’s. Things I said on the first tee:

“I’ve played over 500 rounds at this course.”

“What am I playing off? 4, but I know this place like the back of my hand I’m hoping to threaten par today...”

I started quad, triple, double. I won’t bore you with the rest but 97 shots later I felt shame and embarrassment on the golf course for the first and only time in my life...

Didn't have to think too hard on this one, the front 9 at Bass River on the first day of my golf trip this year. My game had been real iffy all spring anyway, and then as soon as we got down there it was a disaster from #1 through #9. Couldn't get off the tee, shanks with everything from the 4 iron to 58*, a personal favorite of punching from under tree all the way across the fairway to behind a different tree, just straight up disaster that wound with a 59 on the card. Topping that off we never saw a beverage cart so I had to wallow in sober misery. Thankfully after 9 we were able to grab some beverages and my game came back to respectable on the back. I think what will make it most memorable was that it was the first time my brother and I had ever taken a straight up golf vacation together, and I was thinking my lord it's going to be a long couple days if this is what I have in store for the next 3.5 rounds :LOL:

Something that sticks with you from a long time back or something since roughly your current skill level?

Purely just a bad score you can laugh at? Was there something on the line? Get 8&6'd in match play?
Always seems to be my last one, lately. :(

I was playing in an Orlando Jr Golf tournament (OLJGA) at Greenlefe in the summer between 10th and 11th grade. I shot a 99 I think. It was so bad that I teed off with a 7-iron on one par-5 and hit THAT out of bounds...

That was one day when absolutely nothing was working and I couldn't get done soon enough!

March, 2019. I made an 8 footer on 18 to shoot 99. I hit the ball solid but had no idea where I was aligned.

85 on the front 9. It was my first round in the league. The first two holes didn't look bad. But after that? I had 7 lost balls because I wasn't going to trudge through the lakes on the fairways. In all fairness we agreed that the course was unplayable and stopped after 9 holes. Unfortunately I was playing with the league president who insisted on entering our scores in GHIN. So it's recorded.

Mine aren't even score related. My worst rounds were always not being able to handle the ups and downs.

I remember putting two balls in the drink, third ball barely made it across the water. Went over the bridge with my pull cart and gave a tire a whack with my iron. The wheel came off and went rolling down the fairway. There I was, carrying my bag, still attached to a pull cart, to pick up a tire, finish the hole, carry it to the next tee, and then frantically repair the pull cart.

The absolute worst, was having an actual good round at a hard course. Chunked a 7 iron approach, slammed the club to the ground. It landed horizontally. Picked it up, iron has a bend in the shaft. Look closer, and snap in half it goes. Round went completely off the rails, just could not recover.

Scores are scores. They'll be up, and they might sometimes be down. My worst rounds are just when I lose my cool and can't reign it in.

Played Troon North Pinnacle a few years ago and played the worst round of golf I've ever played. Had I been playing by the rules and not picking up etc I don't think I'd have broken 100. It was like I had never played golf before, and just came out of nowhere as I had played really well in the other rounds on that trip. Just was bizarre and was a bummer to do that on a cool course.

Mine was last October. I played a hungover round while on a weekend trip. The course was tough, and was exacerbated by my complete inability to hit the ball. I carry a lot of balls, and ended up finishing the round with one I found while looking for my lost tee shot on 18. Lucky for me, my playing partner had just as bad of a day.

Oh boy....

92 Monday Q :mad:
92 after leading through 3 rounds ÷7

I could go on.............:eek:

The whole weekend at the Ben Hogan Experience! I couldn’t have hit water if I fell out of a boat! I lost my swing about 2 weeks prior, and it was a complete sh*t show! I’m still not sure how, but on Sunday, playing with Tyler from BH, we used my ball for every par 3 during best ball.🤷‍♂️

I vaguely remember a round I played several years (20+?) ago. I remembee the course, and remember nothing went well at all that day. This in perfect golf weather.

Mtn Falls GC in Pahrump NV. We were thinking about buying a home on the property.

Hooks, slices, fatties, and missed putts. It was so bad, I couldn't learn anything from it.

My Wife was riding with me that day. She recommended I should've quit after the first 9. I didn't. She decided to wait in the 19th for me.

I don't remember the score, but pretty sure I didn't break 100. May be the last time I didn't break 100. It was as brutal as it gets.

My worst round is also my best round. Pine valley....Yes the #1 place in the world to play....I played really well.....But I had an absolute idiot as my caddie. Pine Valley was one of those courses which did not have any yardage markers. Each hole had the sprinklers marked by number of sprinklers on that hole. So you had to trust your caddie. Twice standing on tee...How far is it to corner of dog leg..No problem hit your driver...Next I'm chipping out of woods as I drove thru corner....Par 3 down hill...He hands me a 6 iron...It does look about right. When my ball is going over the pin it is 70 feet in the air. It hits a tree over the green and bounces back out to the green. He looks at me and says Yea knew it was a 6 iron.......As I am playing with the Sr Club Champ.....His caddie pulls back and punches my caddie full force in the shoulder....and says...You've seen him hit for several holes...How the F do you hand him a 6 iron there...And that was how my day playing the best course in the world went...........

"Worst" rounds are those I try to quickly and permanently erase from my memory bank! :LOL:

Oh yes. Definitely. Have only played a half-dozen or so times, but one round--it was either the last or second-from-last of last season, I lost all fifteen balls I had in my bag, then one that was loaned to me by one of the guys playing with me
shake.gif

I had a couple bad rounds, those first few times out, but that was the only one where, by half-way through, I was thinking to myself "Please let this be over"
lol.gif

Back