Do people give you golf gifts?

Oh man. I have a very fun story about a well intentioned wife doing a play on a reveal party for her golf present going horribly wrong. If you want to keep a marriage together and not create a scene in front of friends, you really gotta watch what you do with blue smoke these days. 😆

Wait.....am I the only one who needs to hear more about this?

A long time ago, I received a lot of golf gifts. I have two SC putters some where that I can't get rid of because they were gifts.

About 18 years ago, I told everyone "no more golf gifts, of any kind". Biggest reason, a lot the stuff was stuff I wouldn't use.

These days I might find a sleeve golf balls as a stocking stuffer, but that's about it

I’ve received books and balls from non-family. The last book was about Tiger and most of the balls I gave to my brother. Good balls, just not my preferred few and he needed some.

No. I am that guy that when I travel or play new courses I'll pick up little things like ball markers/divot tools in the pro shop with the intention of giving them away to friends I golf with. Nobody ever does that for me :unsure:

1000065688.jpg

Most recent thoughtfulish gift is getting it's first official test run this morning.

Yes I get socks, tumblers, all kinds of golf balls from warbirds to pro v1, and even 1 time got a headcover from swag. Not sure how they got a hold of it since they aren't a golfer.

I get all sorts of stuff from my wife.

She loves shopping and she loves gift giving.

I've gotten socks, polo's, balls, a push cart (Fathers day gift), a putter + fitting. Half of the stuff I get is from her, easily. The only things that I buy for myself are clubs and balls that I want mostly - I think I have broken her from just picking up a case of Ksigs each time she goes to Costco, so we're moving in the right direction.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Yes, I get balls and stuff every year from my parents.
Sometimes I wish they would just get a gift card since the balls they send are usually meh.

Outside of family, usually balls, cheap ones won in some drawing. Recently someone gave me a gift certificate they won in a raffle, and I'm that guy that golfs, so here you go. That I will use, the balls not so much.

From family, I would guess every year my wife hands me a fistful of cash for clubs and such, she considers it a gift. Does that count?

Not really..

When i was in my early 20s me and the homies used to get each other stuff for our birthdays. I was a kicker in football and one year my friends chipped in and got me a Sebastian Janikowski jersey that they had to custom order (i am a lefty). It was legit very cool

But since i was like 25, no gifts from anyone other than family, girlfriends, or girls who think they are my girlfriend.
Huh? They have left and right jerseys?

Huh? They have left and right jerseys?
You didn't know this? You have most likely been wearing the wrong clothes for years and have been needlessly uncomfortable. 🤣🤣🤣

I'll get golf shirts from my wife and if my Mom gives me golf balls she asks what I use before just buying me something random. Other than that if someone gives me something golf related it's usually a picture for the wall or some kind of knick knack for the desk.

Yes. Forgetting the novelty "Potty Putt Putt" gift, it's often dozens of golf balls. And unfortunately, I usually have to smile and nod and say thank you for the two dozen Titleist TruFeels.

I tell them unless its a box of ProV1s or chromesofts, don't bother haha

We don't do the gift thing anymore. At our ages we have everything we need, and I don't know what I'd do with Nitro or Top Flite balls. What am I saying? I'd play them. One thing those are good for is not caring at all if you bash one into the tall and uncut.

My main golf buddy's family is still in full gift mode. Several years ago he made it clear to everyone that all gifts MUST be golf related! He usually winds up with enough gift cards that he can get a new Driver with only a small cash outlay on his part. It will go in the bag for a while until it winds up in the closet and he returns to his trusty old Ping!

generally yes, the bestest half and her friend usually get me Gift card to PGASS

Yes, yes I do. I've got most everyone trained to stick to clothes or gift cards at this point. Some of my more in-tune golf buddies will buy me golf balls that are usually playable but nothing else equipment related.

Socks, water bottles, balls, tees, towels... almost always something I wouldn't use. The thought is nice, but I feel bad that they spend money on something I won't use.

A golf journal... was a cool idea, but I track everything electronically. The swiss army golf tool was another cool idea, but I'll never carry it lol

Kids give me gift cards and the wife buys me polos or shorts I won’t pay full price for.

Before marriage my then future in-laws gave me great stuff best gold balls nice cologne. After marriage something a level up from top flites and knock off cologne. I **** you not.

Beyond that daughter 1 who really really tries gave me 6 putter grip thingy ball picker uppers (that i hope to never use) and a box of pink chrome soft (?) this past Christmas.

I need to have daughter 2 and my wife tell 1 stitch or rhoback shirts ( in her price range) make dads happy.

Generally a golf course gc for a round

Back