Do you adjust equipment mid round?

OITW

Reaction score
Plenty of adjustable golf equipment out there.

Rules of golf say you’re not supposed to adjust equipment during a round.

I know a few people who do and others who don’t, what camp are you in THP?

95% of the time i do not tinker during a round. The other 5% is usually offseason and I’m trying to dial in a club on course.

I’ll adjust drivers/fairways and utility clubs

Only if I’m testing out some settings. Maybe I’ll change the loft from hole to hole or hit a couple balls off the tee if I’m trying to dial it in. I don’t adjust to correct anything that I may be struggling with during that given round.

Usually no. If I’m working on something I may adjust lift setting as range balls just don’t respond the same

I don't currently game any clubs that are adjustable so that's a no for me.

Just ask @JB .... he knows that I do! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
Sometimes I "adjust" the lie angle....I'm trying not to do that as much.

I don’t make adjustments on the course, I will make a note on the card to test a different setting on the range after the round.

Not really. Unless I've gone on the course to specifically dial in something that I already tweaked on the range.

Even then that's rare.

If i am playing alone and trying to tweak some things, yes. On a saturday round during the "game" never

Last edited:
I think I did during a few practice rounds this spring when the range was still closed. Shaft swaps. Once things got going I just bought extra heads and carried more than one driver so I could do it within the rules. I still do that where I'll ditch something and carry 2 of something else that are setup a little differently.

Only when it might be the first time out and I'm testing a club. Otherwise I leave it for the range.

I did my driver one round this summer, I had been to the range the day before playing with the loft and forgot to set it back to my normal. Figured it out on the second tee box after 3 worm burning hooks. :mad:

Never, I roll with what I have and adjust after the round if needed

Like some others, I do if I’m trying to settle on a configuration.

No, I do not adjust equipment during a round.

yes...... his. But only when he's not looking. Dropping his driver loft by 2 degrees and opening the face can bring enormous entertainment for a hole or two.

I've been fortunate enough to be fit by Danny Le, so when he told me where I needed to set my clubs, I haven't touched them. I'm not a huge tinkerer with things like that, and I definitely trust his judgment over mine.

If I'm testing something or just out having fun, sure I do.

No I will mess with that on the range if needed!

No. No reason too, not the club that is off it’s my swing

i do it before and suffer through it, if it's not a good adjustment. it reminds to me to be happy with what i have and not get greedy :LOL:

I do not think I'm consistent enough to notice a difference if I were to adjust. If I were, I may do it to dial in the club during a friendly round.

if I am messing with something from the pro shop or a new piece of equipment, and it's just a casual round, I'll allow one adjustment during, especially if I haven't used the club on the range at all.

I know it's not allowed, but I also know that NOT using my gamer costs me strokes anyways, so it's not like I am cheating myself into a lower cap haha

Back