Do you change putters based on the season?

Pharaoh

🌹Grandaddy X 🌹 #TeamLegacy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you change between certain putters throughout the year as the courses change? Any changes between blade and mallet?

Do you change between certain putters throughout the year as the courses change? Any changes between blade and mallet?
Yes, did it this year because my Shotscope stats were not to my liking.
Got fit and moved to a Slant Neck that was flatter than what I was playing

Nope same putter all year

No, I'm putter monogamous.

Nope, if it fits, it’ll work in any situation. At most alter weights with weight kit, MAYBE.

No. I've heard guys talk about a heavier putter for overseed season. (slow shag carpet season). I'm not in that camp. I stick to one putter year round.

I’ve never done it, but I’ve always wondered if something with a little more oomph would help on the cold spring and late fall.

I have not. Always stick with the same putter if it's working.

No, I had my last putter for 4 season before switching out at the start of this season. It is one club that I don't believe should be swapped hardly at all.

Swapping putters for changing course conditions feels too much like overthinking things to me, and I already do too much of that.

Does "New Release Season" count? If so, then yes!

I have a designated Anser 2 for drunken par 3 summer vacation trips if that counts.

Nope. I use the same putter all year, and every year. My numbers are consistent through out the years.

At one time I used the same putter for 25 +/- years.

I bounce between a balde (Scotty Notchback) and a Jailbird mini. Switching really comes down to boredom honestly. I putt my best with my Scotty but sometimes I want to see something different at address. I also have 7 others putters and I have an AllIn shaft coming for my MXM 330M and that will be in the rotation once it comes in

Last edited:
Not because of season but if we’re playing somewhere I know gas faster than normal greens I may go with a mallet

No, same one until I buy a new one.

Back