Do you change your golf ball for winter golf?

Bunker Snot

All over the face, all over the place!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Colder weather, lost balls because of leaves, plugging, etc, do you change to a different ball for winter play?

I use a Nitro Pulsar (cheap 3pc matte ball) in winter wet conditions. Light feeling off the irons and very low spin so it pops right out of its pitch mark.

Not usually. I dont hit bad shots so the weather doesn’t affect feel for me.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im really just too lazy to be bothered to switch.

No, never saw any real benefit to it.

I will usually stop playing my usual ball once handicap season ends and just move to cheap balls since conditions start to get pretty off around then.

But it’s a money decision more than a performance decision.

I have in the past, but do not any more. No real benefit to it.

I continue to roll with the same ball. Question is should I change??? Probably because I tend to lose more due to the ground being covered with leaves.

Yes, with the rainy season, the ground gets softer, and, balls plug. I am still using up my stock of Precept Pwrdrives.

yup! Last round I played a Titleist Tour Soft with good results in the 40's temp range. Only problem was it was white and hard to find, even in the fairway from some Sun angles due to glare. Tomorrow I'm playing a yellow/green Tour Soft and will be trying a Bridgestone e12 Soft YELLOW matte. That should be interesting.

Nope. It doesn't get cold enough down here to really worry about it.

I match the golf ball's compression according to the temperature. I prefer a softer ball. I go from the QST in the Spring/Summer to the Bridgestone Extra Soft in the colder weather. When they run out, I'll go to the Soft Feel.

I used to play supersofts in the winter, but as everyone goes softer, it isn't necessary. I'll see how it goes this winter, still have a few supersofts left, if they're needed.

No change - I putt inside when there’s snow on the ground.

Thinking about getting some Q-Star Tours in yellow because of all the leaves and pine needles but it's one of my two regular balls, so other than color, no. I used to switch to play the Callaway SuperSoft exclusively (all year) so there was no real need to switch to a softer ball but I'm rolling with my gamers this year. I've still got a couple dozen SuperSofts so if my Zrixons feel super harsh on the hands I can go back but I don't see it happening, honestly.

Yes, I downgrade to cheaper balls in the winter. Mainly because I lose them too easily in the leaves.

Typical I’ll use my Vice Pro+ red ball. Mainly due to being easier to see on overcast days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Stricklands all day and all night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robrandalgz, Be aware, the QST in yellow is a sparkly yellow. Not the shiny yellow you'd find on the Soft Feel.

I have been playing the W/S Duo Professional in matte green. Other than possibly changing colors there's no need to use a "winter" ball around here.

Winter for me means indoor golf, so I work through my inventory of white balls. Because of the double impact, balls can eventually crack,, so I usually swap them out after 54 holes.

Back