Do you dread the "B" word?

Do you support Bifurcatrion?

• Yes. The pro game is different from the game I play.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No. No matter what, I want Ams and Pros by the same rules

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
Bifurcation.

Or "Brysfurcartion," if you will.

Go....

No i think it's stupid in general. I'm 5'10" and can't dunk a basketball. Should they raise the NBA rim to 12 ft.?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No i think it's stupid in general. I'm 5'10" and can't dunk a basketball. Should they raise the NBA rim to 12 ft.?

I wish I could have included a poll?
So do you support the B word, then? I think I'm gathering you DO support it?

Feels like a witch hunt.
If they want to do "things" to the game YOU and I play, will YOU accept it? Do you support rules for pros and rules for ams?

Nope. Because I’ll play what I want still.

If I do the "create poll" option (found it) will that add a poll, or create a new topic. Darn.
Nope. Because I’ll play what I want still.
So you presently support bifurcation, then, and use grooves that are not conforming for some of your rounds presently for example, or hot-faced drivers?

If I do the "create poll" option (found it) will that add a poll, or create a new topic. Darn.

So you presently support bifurcation, then, and use grooves that are not conforming for some of your rounds presently for example, or hot-faced drivers?
I simply don’t care what they do, much like what others wear on the golf course it doesn’t effect me. I’ll play what I have the most fun with, now it’s a confirming setup, but I’ve reviewed and played non conforming wedges in the past. Gold is meant to be fun, I’m going to have fun regardless of what they do to the best players on the planet.

I simply don’t care what they do, much like what others wear on the golf course it doesn’t effect me. I’ll play what I have the most fun with, now it’s a confirming setup, but I’ve reviewed and played non conforming wedges in the past. Gold is meant to be fun, I’m going to have fun regardless of what they do to the best players on the planet.
That's an admirable position to take considering its in opposition to what those manufacturers may want to hear.
What percentage of your rounds do you play non-conforming? How long since a non-conforming review? Awesome to hear! (y)(y)
I have a set of Spin Milled and some Tour irons with old grooves that even I didn't take out after the rules changes. You are more bold than I when it comes to the golf. Uh-oh. ;)

Hey I added a poll! :love:

I think that changing the rules for the pros vs. amateurs would be a bad deal. I think part of that is because golf is one of the few (maybe only) sport where and amateur can play competitively against a pro in an actual pro event. I think it's awesome to see an amateur on the first or 2nd page occasionally during the U.S. Open and the Masters.

I think that changing the rules for the pros vs. amateurs would be a bad deal. I think part of that is because golf is one of the few (maybe only) sport where and amateur can play competitively against a pro in an actual pro event. I think it's awesome to see an amateur on the first or 2nd page occasionally during the U.S. Open and the Masters.
I do love to see that too in those tournament. But those guys are + caps and practically on the verge of turning pro, usually. They would still be in the pro tournaments to watch under the qualifying procedures to get in under Bifurcation. (y) No difference there that I could see?

I wish I could have included a poll?
So do you support the B word, then? I think I'm gathering you DO support it?
No i don't support it at all. I think it's stupid. Why change the rules as people get better. That would apply to all sports. I'm not sure why golf thinks it should be different.

Not sure how to phrase this but here goes. I don't fear Bifurcation, but at the same time I think it's unnecessary and stupid.

I will always play whatever equipment is legal for the amateur tournaments that I play in. Doesn't make a difference to me if I play them from 5600 yards with a driver/ball that flies 210, or if I play them from 6600 with a driver/ball that flies 260+.

I don't support it but I bet you see a tournament do it. If Bryson rolls out with the 48" driver at Augusta and turns it into little more than a pitch and putt, you might see the Masters set certain specs on drivers and the ball.

No i don't support it at all. I think it's stupid. Why change the rules as people get better. That would apply to all sports. I'm not sure why golf thinks it should be different.

They are always adjusting rules across leagues though. Look at helmet to helmet in the NFL and how hard that is to call now.
I don't necessarily want to play by different rules/equipment than the pros.

But if they can't keep the game within the lines of the present "court" so to speak, maybe the wares DO need to change for the PRO game?
It seems AM's are in a good place with equip/handicaps. Just need to keep participation up/new players. (y)

I think it would be fun to have an "old grooves" tournament for example. I envision a lot of different golf segments could be created under Bifur, with different types of equipment. Play on the same course by the rules you and your friends deem fun for the day? Do you guys do that already? :unsure:

Yes. Because in reality, a lot of golfers don't play by the rules anyway.

I know let's make the pros use hickory sticks!! I mean really give me a break. Where's the "pro" line going to be. The analogy of football is inaccurate, those rules are at all levels these days.

I do love to see that too in those tournament. But those guys are + caps and practically on the verge of turning pro, usually. They would still be in the pro tournaments to watch under the qualifying procedures to get in under Bifurcation. (y) No difference there that I could see?
Yeah but if they are used to certain clubs/balls as amateurs and then have to switch for one of those they are at a big disadvantage because they aren’t used to those.

I personally like that I can go out and play the same game as a pro. I have actually played in a big 2 Man Best Ball as part of a skins league that a senior PGA winner had played in. I had probably my best round ever and actually beat him by a stoke too!

Thinking about this further the only thing I can really think of from amateur to pro is metal bats in baseball. And yes there is a performance advantage with metal. But the the real driver for that rule is cost of wooden bats at the lower levels.

no, same rules throughout, why make things more confusing, one game same rules, leagues, competition, whatever..
now if you want to go out and play non conforming clubs, ball, clothes, any day of the week outside of said above, i dont care, you do you.

no, same rules throughout, why make things more confusing, one game same rules, leagues, competition, whatever..
now if you want to go out and play non conforming clubs, ball, clothes, any day of the week outside of said above, i dont care, you do you.
Thanks for the input.

I think often of "Persimmon Leagues" and events where everyone is playing by the same rules and equipment "opportunities."
These leagues often exist of their own volition, and do not care about present "rules" and ruling bodies save for agreement on a set of and play tees and equipment of their choosing within the set parameters of the competition.

I see a world where 20 different kinds of "leagues" could all use the course for different formats, bringing even more people in with even EASIER clubs if they so choose, without the need to turn a golf course into a "soccer golf course" for example.
Big easy to hit rental clubs to expose people to the game, or a variant of it. Where they go from there is all their choosing. (y)

Back