Do You Ever Reach A point Where You're Golfed Out

Mostly no - there were 2 or 3 occasions, over 30+ years of playing, where I tapped out. I think after Myrtle Beach trips where there are 36 holes per day over 3-4 days, accompanied by some extracurricular activities. At those points I didn’t want to move, much less golf.

The only time that happened to me was when I played 108 holes in a day for a fundraiser tournament where people pledged a certain amount for holes played. I was couch bound the next day. Three days later I was over it.

Anytime I think I do, the feeling usually is gone in a day or two. I did take a couple years off 10 years ago when my son was born, 3rd kid and just not able to time wise and financially. Played a scramble right around his second bday and decided I needed to get back into it, and have been pretty consistent ever since. One shoulder injury that sidelined me for 5 months was really hard. Basically, no.

I take breaks from my golf game all the time. They are not long breaks, but breaks just the same. Usually a day, or three away from the game.

I take them when I get mentally, and physically fatigued swinging a golf club. When I need to recharge my interest in the game.

My tell tale sign to take a break is multiple, continued bad shots. When complacency starts creeping into my swing.

Usually by the third hole when I've found my 4th bunker of the round so far :LOL:

I do. I really enjoy the game but there are many things I do in a day. If I play a lot I start to have concerns about the other things I’m not doing. Usually those are family oriented.

I take an annual golf trip where we play 9 rounds in 5 days (plus a 6 hour drive each way). I don't know if I would say I was "golfed out" but more just physically tired and take a couple days off. Other than that, "Let's tee it up" !!!!

Former military club champion and avid golfer left game completely 5 years ago after some injuries for 4 years, but back with gusto. . Now doing working out on golf specific strength, hitting range and just ordered a near full set of custom PXGs. Break was very good for me as now I appreciate any day on a golf course more. I still cannot stand slow play and play early when course empty or later in day.

Back when I was traveling for work 2-3 weeks a month those breaks kept things interesting, but just knowing the sunday money game is coming and this week could be that special career low round keeps me excited.
This forced break now for a week or two is just frustrating but might be a good thing in the long run for the knee to rest and let the new clubs get in and ready to go.

Definitely happens once or so a year, usually after my swing disappears following a hot stretch. Inevitably though, it’s my only hobby outside raising kids so I just go on :ROFLMAO:

yes, I take time off every now and again. normally mental fatigue where I played a round so poorly it has sucked the energy out of my game. More often then I want to believe, injuries are becoming more common.

I'm likely a weird bird in that I like to practice and I play no more then one time per week. I think if I played more and practiced less I might need more breaks.

Normally no, but typically around Club Championship timing I tend to grind pretty hard and it starts to feel like a job to play.

I only typically get a chance to play on weekends, so hard to get golfed out playing once a week...

Last year one of my friends met me early for our buddies golf trip. We played 18 Monday, 36 Tuesday, 27 Wednesday, 36 Thursday, 36 Friday, and 18 on Saturday. I didn't pick up a club again till I played the next Sunday LOL!

I have a busy work, home, and community life and like to pursue a range of outdoor activities but have yet to reach a point where I wanted a break from golf. My left hand/wrist, right knee, etc. have needed time to heal, and there were times where I focused on other priorities over golf. But give me a healthy body and playable weather and golf is a yes. Westher here took a dive lately. Cold, wind, snow. I might as well get a better mat and learn how to putt. 🤪

I’ve enjoyed taking a layoff each winter since first became an avid golfer in 1978. It was forced living in MN until 1998 and I continued taking at least a 4 month break living in CA for 20 years as I skied a lot from November through March. I was certainly ready to do something else by the time fall came each year. I’m not sure if I could have the same passion if played 2+ days a weeks year round. I’ll find out when we winter for 6 months straight in Florida in another 3 years.

I certainly didn’t have the same drive for long practice sessions this summer compared to previous years. Other than putting I really only had about 6 or 8 serious practice sessions all year. In past years that number was closer to 40 or 50. I’ve become content with my scoring and would rather do other activities such as boating than do all the extra work required to shave another couple of strokes off my handicap. I’d like to maintain my index but if it slips a stroke or two that’s ok as well.

I am down to only playing once a week at the moment because of work, and it does feel like work to go to the course right now, but I really still enjoy the one round a week.

I definitely go through stretches of being golfed out, particular when my swing is garbage. I'm a golf nut but every once in awhile a break is a good thing.

I'm feeling that way today. The last two days I played in our SMGA Club Championship. 36 holes, cart path only. Getting old ain't for sissies.
The good news is The B 21 Big Bertha driver I'm reviewing for THP was a major factor in me winning my flight.

Sure I do. Then I’ll just take a week or two off. Can’t be doing that 6 months off the Northerners do.

Definitely happens once or so a year, usually after my swing disappears following a hot stretch. Inevitably though, it’s my only hobby outside raising kids so I just go on :ROFLMAO:
I'm the same in that once my swing goes after a hot stretch I will usually take a week to week and a half to not play and hopefully reset a little.

Sure. I drop it for a little while until the itch comes back. I might skip a Sunday or three during the summer, and a few weekends during the winter, just to refresh the batteries. Anything can get tiresome if done too much. Take a break, refresh.

I’ve only been playing since early July this year. Although I’d like to be playing more, I play 2- 3 times a week on the course, and hit some balls almost everyday. My bad back physically won’t let me do more than that. So far, that limitation has kept me from getting any kind of burn out.

I have felt golfed out for a day. I played 72 holes over 3 days during the summer and I needed the next day off but was ready to go the following day. I am pretty much only a weekend golfer not playing much during the week so I am not burned out.

I know I am certainly not ready to quit golfing for the year.

I've had instances where I haven't exactly had the itch to play, but it's a very fleeting feeling. Maybe a day or two at the most, but I haven't had the feeling in quite a few years.

I've got an annual at my club so I play it a lot. Yes, I'm golfed out....on my course. Trying to figure out how to get myself on other courses more often. Spice it up.

Back