Do you finish if the horn sounds?

Question re this , on tour we see the players , put 4 tees in a square shape around the ball ? Why when on the green only a single coin etc will suffice ?

Horn... what horn. I thought that was a passing car honking from my friend over here blasting one into the street.

For daylight? That’s a soft horn - I am finishing.

For lightning? I am outta there - seeking shelter.

Depends but I can see the benefit of freshly mown greens

That bell rings, I’m done right away
IMG_4210.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

Finish

- If I am on 18
- If there is enough light to see putt
- If I am in rough

Don't finish

- Shadows and darkness make reading putt difficult

I have recently finished a round in super dark conditions. Way darker than when the horn went off today. Managed to find my drive, my 5W approach, my gap wedge, pitch through a tree and have a par putt that I couldn’t read at all 😂. Made bogey when I had no right to lol

As for tournament time:

Chipping/putting I’m wrapping up that hole. Iron or longer, I’m waiting.

wrestlemania xxiv wrestling GIF by WWE

Probably. Would want to start the next hole at the tee.

I'm finishing, especially if I'm putting. I have a feel for the greens in their current condition because I've been putting on them all day - when we come back out in the morning it's going to be different weather conditions and a different feel after they've been tended and mown overnight.

If chipping/ putting yeah

Daylight horns get ignored. Lightning sirens don't.

That's situational for me. If I'm in prime weather and it won't bother me and shadows won't be in the way or anything yes I'll finish it out.

If the weather is just not ideal I'll probably go in and finish later.

I’d finish the hole.

I would finish the hole. I’d rather start fresh off the tee the following day.

Always finish if possible. Especially in a situation with a par 3 coming up next and you can work on that shot on the range in the morning

If I can see, I'm finishing and maybe try to sneak another hole in.

Depends

Depends on the course maybe? If I've hit my tee ball, I'd finish it out. If I haven't probably not.

Finish it up for me. I’ve played in darker 😂

Finishing the hole out.

Back