Do you full swing your lob wedge?

No. My lob wedge is a Cleveland Smart Sole, so mostly bunkers and fluffy lies only.

Usually not, it would spin too much, sucking the ball back into whatever I just carried. I can aim deeper and pull it back, but I do better with more moderate spin an easier swing with the sand iron would produce. I never had problems spinning the ball enough, but plenty of problems spinning it too much on longer shots.

Always have, always will because I’m comfortable with it

All the time... should I not be doing that? Seems like a lot of people don't....

It honestly never occurred to me to try it.

I'll have to try it, this season, if for no other reason than to find out what happens :ROFLMAO:

All the time. It is a high percentage shot for me when I need it.

For me, a lob wedge is just for around the green, it is definitely not a club I fully swing.

Very very rarely. Number would have to be absolutely perfect with a front pin that required a shot that lands past the pin and can spin back. Maybe from the rough if I was trying to hack it out to the middle of the green but that’d be about it!

Not well

Nope. Strictly for use around the green for me. The why… it goes straight up in the air and I don’t trust it

Yup. I full swing all my swing clubs. It’s something I’ve always done and I’m comfortable with it. I’m also more accurate at my full LW than I am with my 3/4 AW with different action on the greens.

Never. Once I get past GW I only take, at most, a half swing with wedges. Things don't go well for me when I try anything past a half swing with them.

Yes. Usually for 80-90 yard shots.

Never, it just goes higher and spins more. I think most pros don’t either.

No. My full swing distance with a 60 deg wedge is 75 yds, but I will never use it from that distance because the shot is too risky. It's an easy shot to chunk.

A wedge swing is not the same. The clubs have different bounces than the clubs in the set. They have different grinds. They have different uses. I use my LW for shots inside 50 yds. I play open stance and open the clubface different amounts for distance control and will drop the handle different amounts for ball flight. With these shots I want the ball to land softly on the green.

< 50 = 60 deg
50 - 75 = 56 deg
75 - 95 = 52 deg
95 - 110 = GW (this is a standard full swing except I'll choke down to regulate distance)
110 - 125 = PW (same as GW)

And then there's chipping with a wedge which is a whole different game depending upon the lie.

Nope. Unless you call an open faced, flop shot, a full swing. That's the only time I use the 60* That's if it's even in the bag, which isn't too often

Rarely, I can get about 95 out of it if I swing full, but I prefer to play it max of 80 yards.

Timely topic. I took my 60* CBX2 out and tried to make it love me again. I just can't get along with that club. Full swing, short game, anything.

But I love the 58* PING Glide ES I have. I'll hit for full or partial shots all day.

Yes. It is my 80-82 club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will on occasion, but it's rare when I do. I prefer to 1/2 swing a 50*

once i quit doing this, my lob wedge became my friend...i learned that full swing 60* wedge shots are not in my repertoire.

I don't do it often , but if I need to I have to confidence to make it happen. Mostly if coming out of the ruff , needing elevation quick

Yes, but only in specific scenarios. My full 58 goes about 95 yards, but if I'm 95 yards out in the fairway I'm going to use a 3/4 54. However, if I'm 90 yards away and need to get over a tree, I'll open up the 58 and take a full swing. I might also take a full swing with a 58 if I'm in the rough with a flier lie from 100 yards.

Back