Do you game mismatched wedges?

I play 5 wedges:

PW: set (CF16)
AW: Fourteen RM-22J
GW: Fourteen RM-22
SW: Callaway PM Grind
LW: Fourteen RM-22

Jaws MD5 is going in the bag. Hit like butter. Can't wait to get some time in on this wedge.

I have historically, mostly because wedges are something that I just like trying out a bunch of until I really feel like I find something I like. That being said, my preferences are consolidating around Callaway wedges, so it seems like those will eventually squeeze out other brands.

Right now, yes.

I use the set wedges for the G700 and a 54 Glide 3.0. I still have a Cleveland RTX-3 in the 58 spot but only because my Glide 3.0 58 is still on backorder.

Is it considered mismatched if it's the same OEM, same brand of wedge but one of them are a year off model?

Mixed set for me.

PW - Cleveland Launcher HB from my iron set.
50* - Cleveland CBX
56* - Callaway PM Grind
60* - Callaway Sure Out

I have a PW from my set of Callaway Xtreme clubs.
52 Callaway MD4
56 Callaway Chrome Forged
60 Callaway MD4

i go from set pw/gw to a mizuno and a taylormade

I use a set PW and AW (CF19), and then have a Cleveland RTX 54 and Callaway 58 PM in the PM Grind.

Jaws MD5 is going in the bag. Hit like butter. Can't wait to get some time in on this wedge.
The Jaws feels so good in-hand. I'm excited to get this one out there and if it plays as good as it looks, my mis-matched wedge setup might become a little more uniform. As of now I'm playing 3 different wedge brands:

(P/AW) Taylormade p790 (I know P/AW are technically wedges, but I've always purchased them as a part of my iron sets)
(54) Cleveland RTX-3
(58) Callaway MD5 Jaws

The Jaws feels so good in-hand. I'm excited to get this one out there and if it plays as good as it looks, my mis-matched wedge setup might become a little more uniform. As of now I'm playing 3 different wedge brands:

(P/AW) Taylormade p790 (I know P/AW are technically wedges, but I've always purchased them as a part of my iron sets)
(54) Cleveland RTX-3
(58) Callaway MD5 Jaws
We need to get out and compare our MD5s, homey

Yes. pre lob wedge, I used to carry 2 different sole grind 56* SW's. One for heavy grass and sand.... the other for tight lies and playing with the face open.

Well, the two wedges I have in my bag besides my PW are totally mismatched. MY PW is a Srixon z585 which I recently bought with the set of new irons. The 56* is a Cobra Men's King Satin V Golf Wedge and the other is some 2nd hand 52* wedge I found in a barrel. So for this very uninformed person why does matching wedges help me?

Technically yes; both are Callaway but I have a 54* MD3 and 60* PM Grind

Back