Do You Have a Regular Group? Give Us a Description, Please.

Do you have a regular group or groups?

• Total voters
I have a regular 4some/team, of which of course i am the leader...

My regular partners include my friend Champ, who is all about having fun, you know get a couple of cocktails in him, maybe start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to seaworld and take his pants off

Then there's the Bri-Man, the sylish one of the group. I know what you are thinking and the answer is yes, he has a nickname for his *****...It's called "the octagon". But he also named his *****, the right one is James Westphal, and the left one is Dr Kenneth Noisewater, if you play your cards right you might just get to meet the whole gang

The last of the group is Brick, who likes ice cream and a nice pair of slacks...

I had a golf buddy that I played 99% of my rounds with- until his son started travel baseball and now he’s non existent. That’s part of the reason I will be joining a club nearby is to force myself to get out and mingle. So my hope would be I start as a solo and find some more like minded folks and get a normal cadence.

My regular guys have kind of abandoned me over the last few years, through no fault of mine. I work at a course and enjoy playing privileges, while some of my gang had affordable memberships. Management raised membership fees to the point that these guys couldn’t justify paying, so I maybe play once a month with them. So now it’s hit and miss with a couple of other guys, otherwise I’m likely playing solo or working on the range. I do have a larger group that would welcome me, but I rarely want to go 18 holes, since after 14 or 15 my body is telling me “no mas”…life happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've got 3 different groups of 5 or 6 guys that I'll play with, although primarily I play with 1 group of 5.
Between the 5 of us we can usually get at least 3 for any Saturday morning.

Our primary game is 2v2 Teams, combined score match play. We usually play gross and pair the lowest cap with the highest cap - but once in a while we venture into the sewage better known as "handicaps".

Otherwise we enjoy skins with a grotesque number of payouts and side games.

I don't have a 4 some but I have 2 regular partners for golf.

@snafu is my league partner and I have a friend we play on days off during the week. Now that @snafu and I have the same days it'll be a 3 some. :rolleyes:

I voted no, as I play 99% of the time solo. I do have a few THPers I play with that are the same group, but unfortunately I wouldn't say we play regularly. @LLIB @KY Golfer

My regular group consists of 7; we tend to have guests occasionally through the year so we can have as many as 9 on a given day. One of the guys never plays Sundays, so we usually have one less. Of course depending on holidays/weather/family we can be as low as 3.

Since I started playing with them we've lost one to cancer and another to a sudden aortic aneurysm. Another is still with us, but is suffering from COPD so he can't golf anymore.

We have no fixed pairings - the first four guys to pull driver on the first tee play together.

Me and another guy that I’ve been playing with for about 20 years. There is a third who joins us about half the time.

Most of my rounds this time of year are 9 hole solo when I stop by the course on the way home from work

I have a group of about six of us, we rotate in with four players every week as sometimes guys can’t make it. I also have a second group of 2-3 others I play with.

Almost all of them are from my work. My main group is my supervisor who is also a close friend , his Dad (who also works with us), his friend, and his wife. This is my main group and we even have a name, Deuces Wild Golf Club. We are rather silly and have a blast, but still play ready golf and respect the game, course and other players.

The second group are all other guys that work with us.

We have a group of about 10 who will filter in and out depending on schedules. Good week we get 2 foursomes, bad week we have 3 and play some baseball

We have up to a group of up to 8 guys who play 3 times a week. We're all retired and have similar interests so we all get along well.

Belong to a group / social club that has approximate 30+ members 26 active players . It’s been in existence 40 years , we play monthly and have two golf weekends away each year . Demographic of mature players with youngest being 30 ish . Many of them live very near each other and are good friends external from golf . Really good group of people who hang it on each other and laugh together and enjoy the game ) and all it entails can’t be better than that 😀

We have a 3some it’s a 4th that plays occasionally. We play every weekend and some late Fridays. They are all 10 years older than me. One is a shorter hitter but the other 2 can bomb it for their age. They are great guys and I love our group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we have a group of 5 guys in our 40s (i'm the oldest and turn 50 in a few weeks) who play twice each week. first ones off the tee on Thursday and Saturday mornings.
me: 9 hcp, most consistent
Ben: 9 hcp, long hitter but prone to trouble
Ryan: 14 hcp, will be the best player in the group within 2 years
Gary: 20 hcp, bad back, and you want him as your partner in match play
Dennis: 20 hcp, would be a 12 if he tried
our typical game "Captain" is handicapped, you need to win a hole to become Captain, and then win while Captain to score a point.
at $1 per point payouts are usually in the $2 range, so it's really about bragging rights and paying the other guy in loose change out of spite.

getting 8 hours every week of guy time with good friends on the golf course is one of the true joys in my life.

My group consists of about 10 of us.
We are all members
More than half have power carts
Ages 27-62 nobody seems to care about age
Groups are random, and whomever wants to golf. At least a couple times a week, then a group or two Saturday, and Sunday.
Handicaps from 14 to +1

Bunch of 8 old guys, changing our foursomes up depending on how we all feel or even want to play that day. Never a dull moment and some days its just two players. ;)

There’s 6-8 of us in our group. Most of us work in industrial/pharmaceutical construction so it really all depends on whose in the area. We’ve got a father/son and another guy from Vegas, a Texan, and a few Carolina boys like myself. Handicap varies from a 9 to 22. I’m the newbie of the group so I get some pointers and suffer the trash talking consequences if I don’t take it. But I’ve always learned better through tough love. The various personalities usually keep the laughs coming. If anyone’s ever in the Raleigh/Durham area, give me a shout. We’re always up for a round with different folks.

I'd say close to 75% of my rounds are with @Robozeo. It's either just us or we are paired with a couple randos

@OhioGolfer is my other regular partner. Probably 20% of my rounds. Our kids in sports has limited our availability a bit.

The last 5% is family rounds

Back