Do You Have a Regular Group? Give Us a Description, Please.

Do you have a regular group or groups?

• Total voters
We have our usual 5 some on League nights.

We’ve got me, token Lefty
@MattyD-MPLS Gripper and ripper with calves for days
BC9er or Mr Waggles as has to get comfortable before take off with waggles
JC not to be confused with JC but this Dad of BC doesn’t let age stop him as he still slaps it around with the best of us
We added Derek last year and he’s got sweet flow and a tendency to decel at putting

It’s a fun group and can’t wait for 2023 when we add another or two and have to rotate groups

You forgot to describe your TRAJY goodness! Slinging right to left and left to right!

We have a great crew!

I play with a group of members atbmy course on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Typically 10-16 people I'd say. Spans the range of ages and handicaps. Typically we play some kind of best ball game for $10 and a $10 skins pot on Saturdays

There are three of us, that weather permitting, play every weekday. We are typically joined by a guy who plays regularly on Mondays and Wednesdays, and a single that occasionally joins us once per week, if that, when there is an opening for a fourth. It will probably be different for me, as next year I'm seriously looking at getting a weekday membership at another course to save a substantial amount of money.

Last edited:
It's just me. Sometimes my kid plays but their schedule isn't lending itself to that so... I do other stuff instead.🤷‍♂️

Me and my buddy Will play the most together. Often we also have our friend Derrick join and the rest of my rounds are with random acquaintances or by myself.

I’m usually a solo. Occasionally I’ll play with some friends.

Me and my golfing buddy, whenever we play.

For years we had 2 groups that played 9 holes 3-4 times a week. Loved the company more than I cared about the golf. I was the youngest in the group, we just play our own ball, compliment each other’s shots, kibbutz about everything and have a good time.
Now the last few years I’m out of that area and I just play by myself. I miss those guys and don’t want to play with anyone else. I did notice though how much playing with them took my focus off of golf. I hit better shots now because I’m thinking about golf, not our conversations.

I wish I had a regular or even semi-regular 4 some that I played with. Mostly sign up as a solo and play as the rando guy.

I have a regular 4 ball. 2 mates and my father in law. Also have a rivulet pool of stand bys in case one of us can’t make it.

There’s a regular rotating group of guys that play from our blue tees - we call us the Blue Man Group. We have small wagers going and afterward during settlement, there’s good laughs and a couple of beers.

Format is modified Stableford. Usually pay first and second points for front, back, and total. We all have 18 hole point point averages so winners are determined by how far over you are compared to your average. We also play skins, and pins (closest to) on the par 3 holes.

It all depends really on when I am playing.

This past year, my son and I got out together more. However, I did play with random people more, as I just would sign up to play and whomever they put me with was good

Yes, every Sunday morning I have a group that play together at the same time. It's my father in law (who's great and we have a very good relationship), his neighbor who's a guy around my age and an English bloke who's hilarious and I love.

Typically I only play with one other THP'er ... @JohnSinVA (apparently no longer here on the forum) if not, I'll join whoever at the 1st tee. I used to play afternoons one day a week with @JonD & his group but I apparently pissed someone off & was no longer invited. HAHA! :ROFLMAO:

Our group is 4 core friends. We play league once a week and usually play as a group on the weekends 2 times a month. If one of us cant make the weekend rounds we have about 3-4 fill ins. In the winter the same group does indoor sim or outdoor heated range. Weve been golfing together for about 10 years.

Absolutely have a standard group of friends that I play with regularly. The core rotation changes over time due to people moving, life, etc. but almost always have at least one person that's down when I'm looking for a tee time. Some are more consistent than others. I'll also walk on and play with whoever is on the tee box at the time I'm assigned on the random days I find myself suddenly with no obligations and enough time to get a round in.

I am part of group of 5-6 guys that play once a week together. We are all 70 and older, I'm the youngster at 70. We play pretty fast, none of us walk as there are too many with new hips and or knees, so carts it is. Handicaps range between 7-14 and we play the senior tees which at the course we play is 5800 yards.

I voted something else. We have a group of 25 to 30 guys and we play every weekend on a different course.
All of us are on game book and carry a GHIN handicap. All games are net games and the Buy in is usually $15. A percentage goes to greenies on all par threes based on how many people actually play that week. the rest goes into a low net score and a high net score pot based on the handicaps of the individuals playing that week. You can’t get rich but you can have fun and make a couple of bucks if you play well. We go on one spring trip and fall trip every year. Have 4 majors with higher pots and play another local group in a Ryder Cup style event as well. We are the Memphis Golf Nuts and we have a great time. Our guys are anywhere from scratch to 18 or 20 handicaps. Really glad to have found these guys.

On Tuesdays I normally play with the same 3 guys. My Thursday group is anywhere between 8 or 12 guys and there are no set groupings. Just depends who’s ready to go when the first tee time comes up.

if I go its either one of 2 setups:

1-I jump in a group of 2 or 3 others and ham them up and try to get clients, I do what they do, play from their tees, and walk/ ride how they walk/ ride.
2-I play with my 8 year old son, and/or my 60 year old neighbor (I'm 40) and we usually walk 9 at a par 3 or a local short muni course.

I play in a skins game every Monday with a bunch of old( 70+) retired, Jewish businessmen and 3 or 4 of us gentiles. It's a pretty funny bunch.
Most are members at private clubs and just do the Monday thing at the muni's with us. They'll get our group on at their clubs every 6 weeks or so for good rates.
We mix the groups as there are 3-4 of us that are high single digit caps and the rest are 14-18 range.
We put one of the low cap guys in each foursome or threesome, and will have a team score pot and payout for skins.

I voted for the 4th option but I fall into several of the options. At our club we have a regular Saturday game with typically 16-30 players. We can make tee times 24 hours in advanced. So a text goes out in the group of who is in and the correct number of tee times are made. Sometimes we get to pick our foursome and sometimes it is picked for us. If I play mid week or don't want to play in the group I have another group of 4-6 that I can play with. And finally on Sundays I normally play with my wife and other couple friends we have. There is quite a bit of overlap within all three of these options.

Back