Do you have a saying to keep you focused?

Not always, but as i am looking at the ball i think "let's give it a ride" or "just crush it".

Mine is simple.

Alright a hole you know what to do now hit the damn fairway/ green. Or it's. If I don't hit the fairway I say eff you Jobu.

"Where's the beer cart?" Usually I start worrying about getting a can of swing oil and stop focusing on why I'm not good at golf.

I say to myself.....Finish......this help me use the tip from Freddie of not guiding my finish

I have two:

After a bad shot - "Let's just play the next shot," repeated while I walk to my ball. Helps me put the bad shot in the past.

On approach before pulling the trigger - I choose a line... say maybe a stake in the FW, or the pin, or a tree or something in the distance that is on my line... then I say out loud, "OK, let's hit it at that stake" or whatever I chose. Helps me focus on what I want to accomplish instead of what I DON'T want to happen (shank, pull, whatever).

I should! Whenever I repeat "baby cut, baby cut", I tend to play very well; for some reason, I rarely do it...

The same with picking a very specific starting point on tee shots. I know I play much better when I do it, but I find myself swinging away down the fairway.

I really should focus on making both of these a habit!

Low, transfer, pause referring to the take away transferring my weight and a smooth transition. Also when it goes bad lots of cuss words, followed by don't be an idiot

"Stop thinking, start swinging"

"God Save The Queen"

This is my only tempo thought and when I get too quick it's because I didn't recite this in my head before the swing.

Big. Wide. Fairway.

Just a little positive reinforcement that helps me relax before swinging away off the tee.

Neat thread Pop. I didn't have one until after tonight. I went to the range and I started thinking, maybe I should get one so I started kicking around ideas while hitting wedge shots warming up. I stood behind the ball and started thinking about what I wanted to do so I came up with this.

"E-C-E"

Behind the ball I "Envision" the shot I want and how I want to play it.

As I approach the ball I "Commit" to the shot I envisioned.

Lastly I try to "Execute" the shot I envisioned by starting committed to the that vision.

So from now on while behind the ball I will be thinking "ECE"

"Nice and easy."

No, its a thing called a routine. Watch Jason Day. Thats a solid routine. Same thing every time, same speed every time. Once he picks the club and the aim point - close the eyes and see the shot. Then walk in, set up, one last look, and pull the trigger.

Once you get it working the routine is the focus trigger.

Ok, this is going to sound dumb, but here it is: when I am ready to start my back swing, I say to myself "Sweep the leg." Or "Sweep the leg, Danny." I do this because my instructor has a drill where you sweep a penny on the ground about a foot behind the club head at address when you start the backswing.

Back