Do you have an Albatross?

Never been close! I only have two eagles where I was on in two and down in three.

No, not even really close, either.

I don’t think I have ever been inside of 3 feet. I am not that long anymore so it is probably unlikely I ever get one.

Nope. Was close once many years ago. Never seen one either

I made one. I had a great lie in the left rough on a par 5. Hit my 4 iron flush about 190 or so yards with a nice draw, ball carried to the front edge took one hop and rolled about 20 feet into the hole like a putt for a 2.

We were playing a 9 hole better ball match and I birdied the other 2 par 5's, and my partner birdied 3 other holes. -8 best ball

I have one. It happened during the Air Force base championship (I was nowhere near contention) and I dunked a 5-iron from 210 yards out. Downhill in soft conditions and we couldn't see the green. Naturally, the ball is nowhere to be found so we're all searching for it for a couple minutes when someone finally decides to check the hole. Sure enough, there it was. I still have that ball too!

Heck, I’ve only ever reached a par 5 in two twice...and rose were in the same weekend about three years ago. I’ve never had a realistic shot at an eagle, and only have a handful of birdies. I’m only 37, but I’d put money on me dying without ever carding an albatross or even an eagle.

That’s a no from me. Have had a handful of tap in eagles. Hopefully I get my Albatross and hole in one out of the way on the same hole.

No albatrosses but had a close encounter per some guys watching the green. ~500 yard par 5 with a blind approach into the green if you go for it in 2. Hit one out to 220 from the flag. Took a 4 iron thinking I could hit it to the top of the ridge and if I got all of it, might reach it. If not, leave it front side short with an easy chip. Long and left was trouble.

Hit it flushed to center of the green and it disappears from view. I pulled up to the green and see my ball 5 feet past the hole. I get out and one of the guys from the tee box next to the green yelled down "Hey did you hit that ball?" I said yeah and they yelled back "Well, you hit just in front of the green, took a big hop on and took a big left bender roll and bounced off the stick. "

So closest I have every come as far as I know to an albatross.

None for me it would be awesome to see someone get one though.

When I was in the Navy, sailing across the Pacific, an albatross glided behind our ship for two days, eating the sea life that got churned up by the screws. It was a magnificent bird and I was sorry to see one day that it had left.

Never a hole in one, but yes, I got lucky. Small 9 hole public course that is now closed. I played with some of the older guys there for the company and to also learn the game. Most of them were ringers that would try to suck you into playing for money. The hole played roughly 475, elevated green, bunkers on each from corner (were not kept well and were played as a free drop due to rocks and avoiding club damage). I hit a drive directly down the middle of the fairway just over the drainage ditch that was always a night mare. Just learning to play it was the shot of the round! I make some random old jokes at the guys (all were at least 65 and up) as we finally get to my ball. I pull a 5 wood knowing I'm likely to not go long and the bunkers weren't a factor. I had intentions of keeping it in play for an easy birdie chance. Smooth easy swing and another straight flight. I didn't watch the ball roll after it landed front edge and walked to the cart. They stared at me and said it went in. No way I was ever going to believe these guys. We get to the green and I look in the bunkers and immediately walk around the green thinking it rolled through. They let me look for about 5 minutes before one of them grabbed it out of the hole.

My closest ever was about 18"

I did witness a friend making one during a weekend blitz in 1999. We all thought it might have went over the back of the green because of how low the shot was, and the landing being partially blocked from our view by the back lip of a bunker.

I have been very close a couple of times on my home course par 5, 7th hole, but no Albatross yet.

Painfully close... but, no.

Never had one. The only time I was even close is my lone Eagle. Downhill par 4 that my ball carried and rolled to the green.

Came within a few feet a couple of times . But that’s it

Albatross Club 2021 in THP = Yes

Albatross in my golf game = No way

Only been close once in my life. Hit the pin with a 3 wood on a par 5 at Virtues, made the eagle putt too.

Back