Do you have different golf bags? Stand / Cart / Hybrid?

Chasing72

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
19.6 > 12
So I've been thinking with the pending arrival of a nearly full new bag that I should maybe look at getting a nice shiny new bag to with them to replace my TM Stand bag
Now to preface this I got the following fairly recently and they are as yet unused
1) Clicgear 4 cart (for Christmas
2) Jones Original Carry bag in BF sales

But I'm thinking I'd like a bag to go on the CG4 when I am out using it, but then part of me says keep the old beat up TM for that and just use the Jones for when I feel like actually walking / carrying my clubs on the shorter courses.

Any recommendations for either a new stand bag or a hybrid.
Ideally I would like 14 way dividers (full length) as I am fed up with fighting to get my clubs out of the TM, a cooler pocket of some kind would be a bonus
Having used an Ogio Grom (Not mine, borrowed) I love this bag, but cannot find it anywhere for less than about $250+ CDN and i feel annoyed at paying that much for a bag that has been discontinued but is IMHO awesome.

chile

AKA - Phil Barkley
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
I have a stand/carry bag (TM FlexTech Crossover) and a cart bag (OGIO Convoy)

annsguy

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I use one bag. A couple of year old Wilson Nexus. I dont have time to switch stuff out.

GoldenBuff

Pool noodle fencing
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One bag, stand bag. Works for carrying, push cart, and riding. I'm generally a minimalist along those lines.

J.B. Cobb III

I’m a Ben Hogan guy!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have the Ben Hogan BH1 stand bag and the Tour Edge Exotics EXS Staff Stand bag.

chrism_s

Reaction score
I'm just in this conundrum. I have a mizuno cart and stand bag at the moment, I carry approx 50% and use my clicgear the other 50%.

The stand bag is getting worn, so am thinking of investing in a new stand bag and just using that for everything,generally simplifying everything.

Next problem is what bag to get?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got a cart bag (OGIO Alpha Convoy) when I use for courses I can't walk, and a stand bag (OGIO Shadow Fuse) that I use for most of my rounds, when I walk. They are my favorite golf bags of all time.

chile

AKA - Phil Barkley
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
I've got a cart bag (OGIO Alpha Convoy) when I use for courses I can't walk, and a stand bag (OGIO Shadow Fuse) that I use for most of my rounds, when I walk. They are my favorite golf bags of all time.
How do you like the shadow fuse?

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How do you like the shadow fuse?
I like it a lot. It’s the right mix of having enough space for what I need, with it being light and easy to carry. The cell phone pocket is one of my favorite bag features.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsccalper
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got two standbags. One Datrek Go Lite Hybrid and a really nice Ben Hogan bag that I got from @J.B. Cobb III. I only use the Ben Hogan bag on special occasions at courses that have actual paved cart paths and no inclement weather because it's white and so freaking sharp looking. I don't want to mess it up. I have stand bags for one reason only: the range. I ride 100% of the time but I spend quite a bit of time at the range and I like having a stand bag there. Call me kooky.

Nerdy_81

Wandering aimlessly
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have 2 of the same bag (Ogio Cirrus). I have one loaded up that I use for carts and the other is bare minimum for walking.

OGputtnfool

Do it this way, no that way, no... oh, nevemind!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Sun Mountain C130 that is my primary cart bag.
I have a Datrek SGO that I used for a bit and handed down to my son.
I have a Sun Mountain 4.5LS that I use when I walk and let my son use for his HS practice.
I have a Datrek stand back from c.2007 that I use for the range. I keep my training clubs in it and throw in 3-5 clubs when I go to practice. Other than the zipper being blown out on the large pocket and one of the loops for the dual straps is broken, it still works fine.
I have an Ogio bag from c. 2004 that's good for about 6-7 clubs max. I have used it on occasion when walking a par 3 course, but my daughter's clubs are in it now.
I have another 14 way cart bag, can't remember the brand, that I use for storage of shafts.
I have an SMT staff bag that I use for shaft storage.
I have a couple of other bags that are basically worthless, but I am a hoarder so I can't bear to throw them out.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a 2015 Mizuno cart bag 14 way
A 2017 model C-130 cart bag 14 way
A 2018 Titleist stand bag 14 way
A 2019 OGIO stand bag 14 way
A 2019 Callaway Fusion stand bag from The Grandaddy 14 way

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
For me 9" or 9.5" hard sided staff bags are best for cart riding. I have a few.
The modern soft sided 14 or 15 divider cart bags are not bad, and their pockets are more convenient than a staff bag. I have a couple.
For riding the staff is best, for push carts the cart bags are best.
I have a few stand bags for range practice sessions and the occasional carry-the-bag 9-hole round.

WLG1952

Reaction score
Handicap
I have two full size bags with two different sets of clubs. I switch back and fourth sometimes.

One is what is designated as a practice bag. It has 17 club dividers in it. 18 if I wanted to use the umbrella holder for a club.

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
14 way bag has been on my ponder list for awhile now. (y)

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I had switched over to a cart bag when my Hoofer's internal liner ripped out. I either ride or use a push cart so it made sense. I hated it. I mean the bag was fine. But, when I go to the range, I hate lugging it around and just laying it on the ground. I don't stow a bunch of stuff away in pockets, so a huge bag is not a necessity for me. I want a decent stand bag that is solid, and that's it. I am not sold on 14 way dividers yet. But, the Grandaddy bag we got is pretty nice. I am very happy with it. Will work fine on a cart and if I do decide to carry or just going to the range. I don't see myself switching between two bags depending on how I traverse the course that day. Seems like a lot of trouble when I just need something to hold my stuff.

Snooksman

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Just purchased Titleist staff bag. It's like a mini Condo. Room for more stuff that I really need. But I'll try to fill it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TexasHacker34

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Just one bag for me. It’s a hybrid cart/stand bag. 14 way dividers lots of space but has a stand.

If I walk i use a push cart anyway

OGputtnfool

Do it this way, no that way, no... oh, nevemind!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One is what is designated as a practice bag. It has 17 club dividers in it. 18 if I wanted to use the umbrella holder for a club.
What bag is this? I need this in my life!

GoldenBuff

Pool noodle fencing
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I ride 100% of the time but I spend quite a bit of time at the range and I like having a stand bag there.
I didn't think about range. I've never had anything other than a stand bag. That's a great reason for a stand bag regardless of walk v. ride.

tahoebum

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.2
I have 2 cart bags and 2 carry bags but I bought a pushcart last year and use that with my Ping cart bag for 80% of my rounds. When I travel with clubs I use my Sunmountain 2.5

mancest

El Capitan del Norte
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have several bags, few of them are sentimental so pretty much hang out and hold spare putters and my back up set of irons. I have 2 I use regularly, a carry bag which I use when I go to the range regularly and for golf trips, then I have my Ogio Alpha Convoy RTC which I use most of the time.

Will probably pick up a waterproof stand bag as I just planned the next trip to Bandon so that is a good excuse to get one. Waiting to see if the new Callaway Hyper dry 14 ends up for sale Stateside or just in europe.

Boder

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a stand bag and a cart bag. Like you I also have a clic gear. If I were in the market I would look at a larger stand bag like the Ogio RTC.

Mooseknuckle

Reaction score
Handicap
My name is Mooseknuckle and I have a bag problem:
  • TM Crossover - Everyday use
  • Stitch SL-2 - Summer use
  • Sun Mountain H2NO Cart - Bad Weather winter bag
  • Scotty Cameron Sunday Bag - quick 9 and or going with the kids to the practice area
  • Burton Staff Bag - Old school leather bag from the 70's that sits in the wine cellar with my first set of clubs in it
  • Sun Mountain Sync - Back up set at the in laws house in Maui, eliminates bringing clubs with us when we travle

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in