Do You Have FOMO with Golf Equipment?

I think I probably do. I don’t act on it as much as I would like and when I find something that works I usually hang on to it, at the same time I wish I could tinker and try out much more than I’m able to. Mostly because I just love golf gear want all of it! Haha!

Yes...BUT! my wallet doesn't care about FOMO because it has NOMO(no money).

zero for me. I buy things when I NEED them and rarely when I want them...... I think it's my superpower....my wife says I'm just a cheap SOB :)

Yes, but think it’s settled a little for me. Guess I’m resigned to the fact there are too many options near me that I’d like to try before committing.

Had to succumb to a new driver since I wanted to make sure I was up to date on ball speed potential. And wanted to try the michrohinge face on putters. Think I’m settled. For now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really. One cant stay up on everything all the time. Once my bag is set, which it is for this year, I just worry about playing.

Not really, I just see all the releases and think that in 5 years time I'm gonna get a sweet set up for pretty cheap once all my current stuff is done in

I use to have FOMO but I'm better now; self counseling.

Maybe a bit but I'm moving away from it. Way too expensive.

No, not even a little bit for me. In fact if some product seems too popular/trendy it puts me right off it.

Plus I almost always buy "last years model" after the prices come down and/or I can find it used.

P.S. I do get insanely jealous when I hear about my friends taking trips to Bandon or Scotland or wherever! Not "Fear" but more like Regret For Missing Out.

I didn’t before THP haha. I love equipment though, and I always want to try so much of the new stuff every year.

No FOMO but I read a ton and target what items I want to try out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It probably is a matter of semantics, but I would phrase it as a craving to try new things, rather than fear of not trying.

Yes. That's why I buy wayyyy too much golf equipment.

Yes/No.

Yes. Always want the new stuff.

No. I don't have the budget for the "Yes".

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I don't get the fear part. I like to tinker, and usually being a staff member here means I get to get a close look at the latest and greatest. I think the biggest one for me so far has been with Jailbreak in a driver. I tinkered with one epic head for a few rounds, but never really made a jump to need it in the bag. Let's face it, jailbreak has been a massive story in the driver industry for the last few years. With drivers, I just don't fear missing out.

I do like to tinker though, but that's out of fun and curiosity.

FOMO- yes and no I guess would be my answer. I read what the staff here puts out, and then really want to try it out. Generally doesn't lead to any purchases but there are exceptions to that rule. Had I never found THP- I wouldn't have one length irons or a new driver in the bag.

No way, it’s just gear... I don’t get FOMO over stock items that I can get anywhere. I get FOMO when it comes to unique experiences where swag / custom fitted exclusive type stuff is handed out. I don’t care if some dude gets a new TS3 but if you have lunch with Scotty Cameron and get a custom fitting session / have a chance to see your own putter being made then yes... wicked FOMO

Hate to admit it but I have to say yes, especially around shafts, putters, covers and accessories...and just about anything custom. LOL

Yes for sure. My wallet is the number one reason, otherwise I’d be buying out new clubs every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to keep it realistic with myself and get fitted to eliminate self doubt that the equipment isn’t working to justify buying new equipment. If I produce great numbers on a club, I know I have no reason to pursue the latest and greatest. It’s the golfer, not the equipment that shoots low scores.

With that said, i try to upgrade my irons every 7-10 years, driver 4-5 years, putter I try to keep it in as long as I can. I find it useful to just refresh my grips and it feels like I have new clubs.

Plus the cost of everything is going up and many OEMs are pumping out new stuff every year and coming up with new marketing buzzwords to promote the latest and greatest techs in their clubs.

Yes yes yes, especially with golf balls.
FOMO always makes me second guess what's in my bag, even when I'm playing well with my current set-up.

Absolutely not.. I prefer to wait a year for some discounts or even buy gently used. I don't have the patience to buy, resell, re buy etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a bit of a driver issue. I can live with my irons and wedges for quite a while. When it comes to new drivers, I am all in. The shafts too. Always looking to maximize my drives. I have replaced very good drivers for no reason. I start the season by telling myself I have no need to upgrade. Some years I am not in love with what I have and can justify the change. I would still play the Epic SZ if I didn't have issues with the frame cracking. The Rogue didn't check all the boxes for me. Hopefully the Epic Flash is here to stay a while!

Back