Do You Keep An Accurate Handicap?

I have been using a site since college. It is not USGA official but the formula is the same. The guy who runs it is a math professor and if a course is not there I simply just have to enter all the info and am good to go. It will give me avg score, cap, and what cap I played to that day on the course. I feel that is is pretty accurate and have used it for several tournaments. This year I was thinking of getting a USGA one to play in some of the state tournaments because they seem fun.

I've been on ushandicap.com since September 2009. I enter 99% of my rounds. The only time I don't enter is if I'm riding and don't have a way to track my score. I'm fine to post blow up rounds because if that's the state of my game so be it. The only "inaccurate" aspect of my cap is ill take gimmes every now and then, and I'll drop when I hit ob and add two strokes (1 ob, 2 pretend back to the tee, 3 drop as if my 3rd landed where I just dropped, now hitting 4).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope i have no idea what my true handicap is. I want to change that this year.

I have kept an official handicap for two years, because it is part of my club dues. I cannot play in any club events without one.
And I post every score where I am "playing it down". Which is almost every round (I think I have not posted 2 or 3 rounds this year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had an official handicap index for 15 years. It's included in my dues at my home club. I didn't play enough to need one prior to joining here. I do like to keep it, and I want it accurate. I use it as a measure of progress in the game.

My situation exactly. I joined a small club when I decided to take the game seriously. Tracking my index has been a great motivator for me over the past few years

I record every round played. Wish I could play more though.

All the rounds I can load into USHandicap I do.

I downloaded app that keeps track of my handicap. Found that simple and less headache.

Do You Keep An Accurate Handicap?

Yes, I use US handicap. I like to have a good gauge of where my game is at based on my scores and hard number for people to see if they ask. Also like to have my game travel.

I also use Arccos which measures it as well and it ties back to my US Handicap account.

I don't keep an official handicap.. I did create my own Excel spreadsheet and use it to track it. It's accurate, just not "official".

I do, as a member of NCGA, and I use it for progress tracking and tournaments.

I started using US Handicap when it became available via THP because I wanted to have an official handicap for THP events.

Yep, helps me know how my game is progressing/regressing mostly. But, play some club MGA events where it gets used for competition.

Yes. I like to play some Mini Tour events and other Tournaments so its a must have for me.

Yes, official. I don't really play tournaments, but the GHIN comes with my public course membership and I like to have an accurate representation of my game. It also gives me a metric for improvement.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Don't keep one right now, but 2016 will see me keeping an official accurate handicap. I do play a lot of solo rounds so a lot of my scores won't go on but it doesn't take many rounds to get one started. I'll be needing a HC if I'm going to make a THP event this year too.

I've had a steady USGA GHIN handicap since about '89 - was on and off before then. Play in Men's Club tournaments and some local CGA events so a handicap is a must.

I keep one with NCGA primarily to track my progress. At the moment, it's very humbling but it helps keep me on track towards my goal of a 10 index.

OOB and now GHIN although there are a few scores missing on GHIN so it is really a little lower than what it should be. Doesn't matter much in December.

Each of the last two years, I have kept a GHIN (through USGA as part of the NYSGA) handicap. You need to to play in NYSGA Tournaments, which I always say I'm going to play in, and then am lucky to actually do one. Plus, it's an easy way for me to see how much worse I get at this stupid game every year.

I keep an accurate GHIN, I like to track my progress more and more as I become entrenched in this game, and Handicap is just one of those metrics I enjoy following and setting goals based off of. The only time I have ever used my Handicap has been at the only 2 THP events I have been to, haven't signed up/haven't looked for handicap events otherwise. But if it is open season for the GHIN system where I play a round and its at a USGA rated course, it's posted.

If it wasn't for the fact that Arccos calculates one for me, I wouldn't have one. I have never played in an event where an official handicap was required so there isn't a reason for me to pay to have one.

Yes, through the Arizona Golf Association. I play 160+ rounds per year, play it as it lies, no gimmes. I belong to 2 clubs that pay out cash prizes each round so handicap is required.

I sure do. Im a member at a club so every card i put in at any club around the country goes into my profile. I may be weird but i like to track my handicap and look at all the cards to see where i could have played better.

I keep one as accurately as possible. I do it basically just for my own self judgment so I can see my game go up or down.

Back