Do You Keep An Accurate Handicap?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Whether it be official like the one someone can get from THP, or unofficial, do you keep one? Why or why not?

I have never had an official handicap and can't really explain why, I keep all my stats thru golf logix and really just have to input my info from that but never seem to have a reason to due to not playing in tournaments that require a handicap. However I need to stop being lazy and get it done so I can play in some handicap required tourny's with THP !

I've had an official handicap index for 15 years. It's included in my dues at my home club. I didn't play enough to need one prior to joining here. I do like to keep it, and I want it accurate. I use it as a measure of progress in the game.

Yes I keep an accurate HC, I need it for tournament and league play.

Yes and have for 7 years. The fees is part of my golf association dues. Some tournaments I play require an official handicap for entry.

Yes. I have had a USGA handicap for long time. I play in several events each year where it is needed.

I have had an official index for about 5 years, now.

Yes for league and tourneys

My golfshot ap figures a handicap for me, but I wonder how accurate it is at times. It's not official, but I use it as a gauge of where I'm at. Haven't entered any tournaments where one is needed yet.

Yes, and now since I am the handicap chair of my Type 3 club, through US Handicap, I guess I will have one for awhile.

2015 was the first time in probably 10 years I had an official index. I started playing more tournaments and it was required for a couple of them. I plan on keeping an official one gong forward now.

Yes with U.S. Handicap

Yes I keep it updated pretty well, with the RCGA, I do it mainly to track my progress.

I used to, but I stopped entering scores in last year. I would like to start again this year if I can play a little more.

I keep one through OOB Golf, so not entirely official but good enough for me to know how much and how well I'm progressing. Gives me a good target to shoot for.

I have not had an official HC since I got back into playing a few years ago. I found it difficult to play enough rounds to establish a HC. Now with the new rule of not allowing solo rounds to count, that makes it much more difficult to post a 9 after work. I probably with try to get one this year just to chart my own progress.

When I am playing on a regular basis I have always kept a state sanctioned handicap.
Reason: league play, competitions and to track my progress.
I'm more interested in the index as that can be used to translate from course to course etc.

No. No need for one. My scores have been same for 25 years. I entered scores via golf shot for about 2 years and it put me at a 14HC. Close enough for me.

Yes I do. It's a decent measure of my game potential and is also required for some events/tourneys that I enjoy participating in.

I have kept an OOB handicap since I started golfing more seriously, for lack of a better term. Every score, good or bad, for every course that has a slope/rating.

I think that keeping one, even as unofficial as OOB is, really gives a good idea of how my game has progressed over the years, and gives a good goal to strive for (ie. single digits).

Yes I do. I like to track my progress, it helps with tournaments and match play, and if I ever make it to Scotland, some of the clubs require you carry one.

I keep one with MSGA. I keep it because the group I have played with on a pretty regular basis for the 19 years or so compete against each other in small games or matches.

I also use it as a measure of my game

I do since our league handicaps our outings. I use GHiN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I used Thp hosted Ushandicap.com. I will probably renew, just to see if it will let me enter my solo rounds.

Back