Not a sloppy Joe fan but a messy Jose? Yes, please.

I used to use Manwhich frequently, years ago. My wife found an easy recipe so we’ve been making our own sloppy joe sauce for quite a while.

Wait...Ruffles...what the what???? is it *on* it or dipping with them....I'm confused and intrigued.

Both! Get a nice soft bun and throw the ruffles on top of the meat. If some of the sloppy joe falls out on the plate, you use some chips to pick it up!

It gives it a nice crunch.

Both! Get a nice soft bun and throw the ruffles on top of the meat. If some of the sloppy joe falls out on the plate, you use some chips to pick it up!
well, I'll be....I am going to have to try that!!!

I like it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is this a midwest thing? Based on the responses from people it seems like it might be a midwest thing lol

My Mom used to do the Manwich cans but we are strictly chicken gumbo soup with ketchup and mustard to taste. When Chicken Gumbo was in short supply due to Covid it was hard times at our house 😂

Hmmmmm....

This sounds tasty!

Yep throw it in the cart to have just in case

It's up there in Mexican Pizza territory for favorite foods for me

You betcha!
2 lbs. of hamburger, one can of regular and one can of bold.....Yummy!

OH YEAH when we were kids we did, Kinda started making my own the i was on my own, well, we called it sloppy joes and we put a slice of cheese on it....Have not in many many years though

We go Manwich "Bold" with a slice of American Cheese.

Real sloppy joes are one of the absolute easiest, and most delicious things to make. Having to have a can in the cupboard just seems like more of a hassle than using the regular ingredients.
No doubt this tastes better but one can or...
Ingredients
  • ▢1 Tbsp butter
  • ▢1 tsp olive oil
  • ▢1 lb. ground beef
  • ▢1/3 green bell pepper, minced
  • ▢1/2 large yellow onion, minced
  • ▢3 cloves garlic, minced
  • ▢1 Tbsp tomato paste
  • ▢2/3 cup ketchup
  • ▢1/3 cup water
  • ▢1 Tbsp brown sugar (or less, if you prefer)
  • ▢1 tsp yellow mustard
  • ▢3/4 tsp chili powder
  • ▢1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ▢1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • ▢1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
  • ▢1/4 tsp black pepper
  • ▢dash of hot sauce (optional)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Awful stuff.

I make my own. Brown 1lb of hamburger, add a can of Campbell Chicken Gumbo soup, 1-2 tbsp of BBQ sauce, 1-2 tsp of mustard, salt and pepper to taste, simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce the liquid. Much more better!
And here I thought my Mom made every recipe in the Campbell Condensed Soup Recipe Book during my childhood... this is a new one to me.

No doubt this tastes better but one can or...
Ingredients
  • ▢1 Tbsp butter
  • ▢1 tsp olive oil
  • ▢1 lb. ground beef
  • ▢1/3 green bell pepper, minced
  • ▢1/2 large yellow onion, minced
  • ▢3 cloves garlic, minced
  • ▢1 Tbsp tomato paste
  • ▢2/3 cup ketchup
  • ▢1/3 cup water
  • ▢1 Tbsp brown sugar (or less, if you prefer)
  • ▢1 tsp yellow mustard
  • ▢3/4 tsp chili powder
  • ▢1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ▢1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • ▢1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
  • ▢1/4 tsp black pepper
  • ▢dash of hot sauce (optional)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
That's just one recipe, but even that contains 90% staples.

Drop the bell pepper and I have all of that stuff sitting at the house at all times anyways. It's not like there's crazy stuff there, those are pantry staples. Reasonably there is a world where non-home cooks wouldn't have garlic or onion at their place as well but even if you need to substitute there's garlic powder and onion powder or that garlic that comes pre-minced in those refrigerator jars that last like a year.

OH MY GOD YES!

You know there’s a full serving of vegetables in every serving of Manwich?

Back