do you own multiple (different flex/torque/bend) shafts for your driver(s)?

I just bought a new shaft for my driver after a fitting at CC. It’s an Oban Devotion HB 65g X flex. The fitter said I would be better off using a counter balanced, high balance point shaft in order to change my trajectory and lower my spin. Waiting for it to come should be here mid week next week.

I love seeing these shoulder taps!!

I’ve got a couple different shafts... I was experimenting with driver length last season.

I do need to find a fitter here...the two I have tried didn't seem all to interested in trying anything outside of different flexed shafts.

I had been looking at shaft properties for the ones I have to see what might be similar/different

club champion is 2hrs away...which used to be okay till my back stopped letting me make long drives (so now, I have pick and choose my trips :sneaky:)
Bummer about your back. Hopefully you can get healthy asap.

There are some cheap home use devices. They tell you launch angles and Distance. But they are not able to tell you about spin. Voice Caddie for example. Great for dialing in you iron gaps and Distances.

But you would still have to buy a bunch of shafts and test them until you find the perfect fit.

Launch angles and spin optimization are important, but once you have a general profile that fits you, it's going to come down to feel.

Different OEM'S Graphite shafts with similar features and flex profiles feel completely different. And which one is the perfect flex in your hands is all about trial and testing.

Even coming back and testing on different days, with your a game and your not perfect swing "swing".

So hopefully you can find someone near by.

The Website is full of great information. My preferred driver shaft was introduced in 2008 by Aldila. It's available uncut brand new for 50 bucks on FleaBay. But it took years to find the perfect fit. Now I just buy a driver sleeve tip for the new head and pop the tip into the 2008 VooDoo.

I also love the True Temper Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 X-Stff which arrived in 2018. Again lots of trial and errors. But feel is the most important factor for you having confidence on the Tee box.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

I only have one shaft for each of my drivers and now I feel like I might be missing out on something.

There are some cheap home use devices. They tell you launch angles and Distance. But they are not able to tell you about spin. Voice Caddie for example.

i was deliberating the sc100 just for this reason.

Enjoy your new Shaft (y)

Enjoy your new Shaft (y)

oh, i plan to :)...i have surgery at the end of the month that will keep me out a bit but i'll have a good week or so to play the new shaft. i may try and see if the shop will let me jump on the swing monitor for some swings to see what's what.

oh, i plan to :)...i have surgery at the end of the month that will keep me out a bit but i'll have a good week or so to play the new shaft. i may try and see if the shop will let me jump on the swing monitor for some swings to see what's what.
Good luck with your surgery.

I had cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) surgery in 2006. 11 hour procedures back to back on a Wednesday and then Friday of the same week.

Pain was completely gone as soon as the anesthesia were off.

Good luck. Obviously everyone is different but today's technology is incredible. Tiger is winning Majors. I am completely recovered.

You should be 100 percent ASAP

Get well.

Cheers

Although I was fit at CC for my driver, at the moment I have 5 other shafts that differ in either weight, profile, or flex.

Oban Devotion 7 04
Oban Devotion HB 7 04
UST Elements Chrome 7S
ATTAS 6Star 7S
ATTAS T2 7R
PX EvenFlow Black Handcrafted 6S

I can see two drivers with 5 different shafts in my office right now. I know I tend to like lower torque shafts but I have been playing around with weight and flex lately.

I got tapped for some iron shafts which has been a lot of fun (I need to order two more to complete the set). It came about in a similar way for me I was discussing some things back and forth in a thread with JB and next thing you know I had iron shafts on the way. Have fun with it.

Yes, doesn't everyone. :ROFLMAO:

I have several drivers with slightly different lengths and only a few different shafts. One I recently got was a Wilson D7 with a super light Helium 46G shaft. I am amazed at how light and fast it is. Definitely improved my driving and I was thinking the lighter might be a mistake, but it wasn't at this stage of my game. I do choke up on it about an inch though. I plan to cut it off soon, but have just been lazy about it.

I have 2 shafts for my driver. Both stiff but different torque ratings and bend profile. I like the lower torque shaft. I’d probably try more but I like sleeping inside.

Good luck on the surgery. I had a lumbar fusion 4 1/2 years ago and cervical fusion 3 weeks ago. I knew the problems had been addressed when I wasclear of anesthesia. Hope you have a great result.

I just bought the EF SZ a couple months ago and already have 5 shafts for it.

Tensei AV Blue 75x (came with driver)
Paderson Launch TP 65S (fit for at CC)
GD Tour AD BB 6X
My '16 THCE Handcrafted shaft
'16 THCE test shaft

After a driver fitting back in October, I pieced together the driver and shaft I was fit for at the time. Was fit for Taylormade M6 with Fujikura blue 6S. First bought the M6 which had Hzrdus Smoke black in it and was hitting it pretty well.

Found a good deal on Fujikura shaft and it just did not perform in the same way as when I was fit for it. For the few rounds I hit with it, it was a slice monster. So, sold that one off.

Back to some straighter rounds with the Smoke black. I do like to test things out to see what little or big tweaks they provide.

No, I try to have similar profile shafts across OEMs

No, I don't swap the shafts. It's hard enough to hit it consistently as it is! ?

I don’t but I’d like another one. I’m getting good distances on my G410 driver but it is going a bit high I think. I’d like to get a shaft to bring that down a bit, sat 20-30 feet.

Shoulder taps are awesome!! And I used to play my driver with whatever shaft came in it but ever since getting more involved on THP I read reviews to see what shafts might work for me and then experiment!

So where is a good place to buy driver shafts?

So where is a good place to buy driver shafts?

when I was looking, I looked at golf works...otherwise, I found a few on FB

Love seeing the return of the shoulder tap!

Congrats @chile !

I have three shafts for my current driver. All 3 are higher launching shafts. 1 is a higher spinning shaft than the other 2. 2 are about 60 grams and one is about 70. For the 2 60 gram shafts I am definitely more successful with the lower spinning of the 2. Have not spent a lot of time with the heavier shaft (which is the same shaft as the lower spinning 60 gram shaft) to be able to make a true determination on it yet.

Back