Do you personalize your golf balls?

One of my golfing partners received a thoughtful birthday gift a couple years ago - his (non-golfing) in-laws bought him a couple dozen balls, personalized with his name and phone number.
I ordered balls with my playing partner's name/number on them a few years ago when I was in my Hooking Everything Into People's Yards phase. I had them add "your house was hit by" as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No personalization. Just use a sharpie to put an X or an XX on the ball. That’s my mark.

I don't order anything personalized, however I put 3 tiny dots near the brand name with a fine line sharpie.

I rarely need to mark or personalize my ball. I'm typically the only one playing a Srixon ball. I've got a Sharpie in my bag, just in case, that I'll mark with a dot at each end of the Srixon logo in case someone else in my group is playing one (only happened once in the last two seasons).

I do when it's offered as part of the free upgrade package. Typically those deals are run often. This year I got the buy 3 get 1 Bridgestone's with free personalization.

I go with:

I Wanna Dip
My Balls In It
Louie - The State

Childish? Yes, but it amuses me.

I use a sharpie and make a little 3 leaf clover on all my balls. Easy to ID. I've never ordered custom numbers or markings. I think I would like custom numbers and should try that sometime. 1-4 gets boring.

I’ve been ordering them with my brand on them lately.

I mark mine as soon as I get them home after buying them, so they're good to go whenever I get to them. It's not often that somebody in my group is playing the same ball as me, but one of our regular playing partners is a ball ho' and you never know what he's going to show up with. And I've just gotten so used to seeing my mark on them that it feels kinda strange to play one that isn't marked.

As for ever ordering personalized balls? no i never did.

As for player markings? not since i usually use truvis balls or solid yellow. Prior to that or when I do use white I like a small short but thick mark with and orange sharpie. Kind of a little rectangle shape and ust for identification if someone plays the same ball.

Last edited:
Nope. Rarely do I ever throw any kind of mark down on it.

Got some personalized this year with:
Faith
Family
Fairways

good slogan to have.

Add me to the list of those who use the Tin Cup stencil. Mines a paw print. Guys have actually turned my balls back over to me after finding them because they know it’s mine.

nope. i want whoever finds them to feel like they struck gold with a new ball.

Long Line and three dots under the number...

Generally Purple or Blue sharpie. - Lost the red one.

We found one the other day on the course that had "OOOOPS!!!" printed on it. :LOL:

I just put a line and a dot on the ball usually with a green sharpie. I use the dot for when I putt. I realized my eyes were wandering and not focused on the same spot so I put the dot on the ball to stay focused.

If you use personalized balls then everyone knows when you lose them. I don’t need that pressure.

Nothing other than a sharpie

I have ordered some personalized balls before, but on when there was a promo to get it free. Otherwise no thanks.

I'll take free personalization. I've never used it though and don't generally mark my bals. I play what others aren't. If they're using Bridgestone, I'll use Wilson... or Slazenger... or Callaway. I normally have a few different brands in my bag. For water hazard shots.

We found one the other day on the course that had "OOOOPS!!!" printed on it. :LOL:
One year for the Titleist promotion I had "put it back" printed on mine. We have an older gentleman in our group who sometimes confuses a ball still in motion for a lost ball 😂

I put two dots on either side of my balls.

Nope, never. On of the advantages of playing Maxflis is that they arent very common and the odds that someone else is playing the same ball is relatively small.

Nope, I don't personalize them in any way generally since I'm usually the only one playing Truvis.

Back