Do You Play in the Rain?

If its a new course or somewhere I'm excited to play, then I'll probably still play (happened earlier this year). If its just the typical course I play in rotation, then no.

Light rain ... sure. If it's supposed to rain harder later, I'll probably take the chance & play. That's what rain gear is for, right? :unsure: Plus ... it never rains on the golf course. It could be raining at home, but 25 miles away, it may not (y)

I paid a lot for my rain gear and I only get once a week so unless the weather is absolutely miserable I am getting my round in.

I Try To Play in fair weather when at all possible. However 2 weeks ago I played in a downpour. It was a struggle to stay dry. Not a huge fan of playing in the rain but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

if it's already raining and will be for the duration of my round, I'd cancel probably if I haven't left the house. If it's lightly raining on my way there, then I'm pretty committed to playing at that point...usually. haha

Probably only playing in those conditions if was on a trip or had an outing planned for sometime. Also I'd already out on the course and the weather then comes I am going to try and play through it if safe

Yes, we will go out. A day without golf is like a day without sunshine.

Yes I do, can usually play pretty quick since most don’t

If a game is set up and bad weather is expected. I play. I don't decide to play spur of moment if weather is bad.

If you don't play in the rain and wet, in 2023 in New England you wouldn't be playing at all......wettest year I can recall.....and I think honestly the most rain ever during a summer.

If I'm being honest, I don't remember what it is like to hit off a dry fairway. If we play in sunny weather, the course is still soaked to the bone.....been cart path only most of the summer.......

I've recently retired. So, I have options. I don't mind drizzle, but around here tee times are plentiful during the weekdays. So, if I'm playing with someone and they don't have the same flexibility, we play. If it is convenient for me to rebook for later that week, I'd probably do that.

If its rain, rain, it will need to be a tournament, league, or a situation where it's easy to run inside when it rains. I've got other options.

I played in a drizzle this morning and it confirms ill do it as the nasty fall weather moves in.

I'm good with it so long as the course remains playable and no lightning. I always keep my rain gear stashed in the bag.

I've played in everything from a light mist to snow. Our season is short and I'm not missing a chance to play. Besides, the course is usually pretty empty in that kind of weather. The right gear and it's no problem.

We don’t get much rain here in Dego so not often we are even presented with the decision. In decades past, sure no problem let’s do this. Now days, it’s less likely.

Please don’t ask why I own not one but two gortex rain suits. 🤦‍♂️

No, I wont play in the rain if it’s a typical weekend round. If there’s an event or something I’ve more formally committed to, then I will.

Only if it’s a tournament, otherwise heck no

Hey @checkered and @ArmyGolf we know something about this :ROFLMAO:

It's not my first choice, but generally yes I'll play in it.

If It's a tournament, yes. If I can beat the hard stuff, yes.

If it is a drizzle I will typically play. If it turns into downpour and going to remain, I’ll pack it in and go home and catch up on my sleep.

Back