Do you remember your first ever golf shot?

Yep. I was a kid visiting the grandparents and I found my grandpa's hickory shaft clubs. They had a large backyard so I took the clubs up to the pond dike (it was raised, so figured it was a good tee-off spot). Tried niblick first (9 iron-ish). First swing I stuck it in the ground way behind the ball and took out a huge chunk of grass. Decided niblick was too easy to cut into the ground with so tried the mashie (5 iron-ish). Afraid to chunk it again I barely hit the top of the ball and it just rolled/bounced 10-20 yards in front of me. I kept trying and finally made some decent contact. Holding a club wrong with hickory shafts and thin leather grips while making decent contact...I remember my hands vibrating like when hitting a baseball haha. I still have the clubs but haven't hit them in decades.

As I’ve mentioned before- 12yo at the range with my Dad. I showed a modicum of interest in the game. I played little league since I was 7 and was a decent hitter, so I had some decent coordination. After my Dad gave me a quick lesson and showed me the interlock grip he gave me 7 iron and let me have at it. Nutted it straight down the ‘middle’ to 135/140. One of the Pro’s saw what was going on and said “Do it again”. So I did. “Kid’s a natural...”
I was hooked. Then real life happened. But those first 2 got me started.

Nope I was too young

The first time I swung a club? The family had gone for a walk. My dad was carrying some old wedge and using it as a cane claiming it was to defend all of us from animals should they attack. Some how little me had 3 golf balls in my pocket. I was maybe 7 or 8. I always had junk in my pockets. The odd thing is the golf course was nowhere near where we were or lived. I have no idea where they came from.

Anyway my dad sent one over a chain link fence into a field. My brother sent one the same way. I tried and sent the ball into the gutter where it rolled into the street. 2 or 3 more tries and the ball went over the fence. Barely I think.

I'm left handed. The club was right handed. I had no idea what I was doing. We were hitting the balls off of a concrete sidewalk. I had more fun trying to hit rocks and pinecones with the club than golf balls.

Yes I do, about 30 years ago, I was at a nearby park near my home, I had a Bob Murphy driver in hand, I had aspirations of becoming a professional in mind, I am a athlete of some sort was my thinking at the time.
I kept good eye contact took a deep breath and went full Rambo on that tiny white ball from hell, it traveled about 3ft almost a slice but I think it needs to actually be airborne to be a slice Idk..

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Back