Used one all the time in college. Just ordered an infrared one for the house this week. Not as good as a dry sauna that can get really high up there, but as someone else said at 140 degrees you're going to sweat, just gotta sit in there a little longer.

Nope, no interest as I live in Texas. I get this on the golf course in the summer.

Haven't been in one in a while, but I love them.

In my 20s, we used to go drinking then go back to my apartment complex, get in the sauna until we were dripping sweat, then run outside and jump into the unheated swimming pool - in winter. Instant temperature change of about 120 degrees, full body rush when you hit that cold water! Probably not such a great idea in retrospect, but felt good at the time.
Actually that is quite healthy going from hot to cold. I just jump in the shower and turn the cold water on after being in the sauna. Invigorating:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Used one all the time in college. Just ordered an infrared one for the house this week. Not as good as a dry sauna that can get really high up there, but as someone else said at 140 degrees you're going to sweat, just gotta sit in there a little longer.

I would not say that infrared is not as good as a dry sauna -- infrared heats in a different way and uses close, medium, and far infrared, depending on the program you use, to deliver results. The have something like 8 different programs, including anti-aging, cardio, immunity, pain relief, relaxation, etc. Cardio has the highest heat for the highest time - 45 minutes.

What's also good is that because it's not moist air or 180F, you can use your phone or computer if you want ... listen to music during the sauna,etc. or just put your back against a wall, close your eyes and relax. I've fallen asleep in mine.;)

Dude, a hot dry room is not a sauna !!!

A sauna is a steam bath.

My family is Finnish and we all have them in our homes

here's my last 2 View attachment 9168151View attachment 9168152
Well duh, yeah I do. Craig's pictures show the critical component that makes a sauna. The stove filled with stones, where you throw water. A good sauna is not suffocating, since it has plenty of airflow.

I currently live in an apartment building, 85m2 three bedroom, and we have a sauna in the apartment. Got to have it.

Dude, a hot dry room is not a sauna !!!

A sauna is a steam bath.

My family is Finnish and we all have them in our homes

here's my last 2 View attachment 9168151View attachment 9168152
Yes, thank you for bringing that up.

Not the same thing.

We have one at our cabin, use it dry in the middle of winter when we're up there working to dry out clothes. Use it as a sauna when we're up there just to be up there and get it good and steamy.

Yes, I enjoy a sauna. The gym I use has both a steam room and a sauna. I like to use them after workouts.

Sauna, no--Hot tubs in winter with a bottle of Dom? Yes.

Oh, you need to go to the "cool" thread.

;)

Oh i've been, i believe i told people in that thread that i am "sooo fire"

Fire is the new cool

I just use the traditional Sauna at the gym & LDax has an infrared sauna in our garage.

Last edited:
We do. Our home in Henderson has a very complete indoor sauna, and there's the wet one next to the pool.

Our daughter lives two blocks a way and has an indoor/outdoor sauna set up. We have free use of that when ever we want.

Back