Do you think 6,500 yds is a long course?

Is 6,500 yds a long course?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not long. Usually the yardage I'm looking for when playing.

I voted no however it is toward the upper end of comfort.

A 6,200 yard course at sea level plays longer than a Colordao course of 7,200 yards.
An uphill 150 yard par 3 hole plays longer than a 220 yard down hill par 3 hole.

If that's their tips, no.

Not a tee box I would choose. As said for most players that’s not the correct tee box to choose. Single digit cappers that would be about right I would think for a fun round. Scratch players would say no. They would play from the tips most likely. For a non-tournament round play the correct tee to match your skill level and length. For me? 6500 is too long. 6100 ish is what I consider fun. 6500 I would take a run at though and be very happy to break 90. Break out my 5 and 7 woods for sure! 😀

Swinley Forest, a top 100 world course , is 6,400 yards, par 69.

It’s pretty standard course length for me here in Charleston. When I travel home to VA though it plays pretty short.

I think this would really depend on course layout. In general, 6500 is a long course for me with all things being even. However, I have played courses that on paper were longer in total, but easily played by average length players.

Say the 4 Par 5’s are over 550 each. I even played a par 5 on a course that was over 600 yards. So, I wasn’t going to reach 500 in 2 anyway, so adding another 50 or so yards isn’t really affecting my score.

Say the 4 Par 3’s also are a bit on the long side of 185 - 210 each. Long Par 3’s I find fun and have no issue hitting the higher clubs and playing the wedge game.

Now, you still have 10 Par 4’s that could be moderately done distance wise and the course hits 6500.

That just feels like a fun test, where you’ll be hitting almost every club in the bag

I say “that’s it...”

Courses need to push 7000 yards before I consider them long. Although I get my ass kicked at plenty of 6100-6500 courses with good layouts.

I made it complicated.:oops: I voted "yes" because it would be too long for me, but that wasn't really the question. Should have voted "no".

I think it's probably the average length of most golf courses. Of the courses I play, the tips are 6700, 6800, 6100, 5900, 6300, 6560, 6660, 7100. The walk is the same regardless of which tees I'm playing from and of those courses, the 6660 course is the most tiring to walk - probably due to the elevation changes.

For up here in my part of Maine it is.

Not really. It’s toward the top end of what I prefer but it’s quite manageable.

6,500 is about all I want, edging towards long at my age, but I'll give it a go.

6500 is about the upper part of what distance I prefer to play. Anything more than that is too long for my old ass. In my younger days, bring on the distance. (y)

Not long. My favorite yardage to play from at sea level is about 6,600 +/- 100 yards.

I voted yes as 6,000 yards is the upper limit of what I want to play. At this point in my golfing life (I'll be 65 in May) 5,500 +/- provides the most fun for me.

That's a shorter course if it is the tips, but for me, it's too long to play from. I can go 5500-6200 yds and be somewhat comfortable, but 6500 is just too long.

About 100-150 to long for me.

I don’t consider 6,500 to be a long course. But for me 6,000 and under is ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No

It is about as long as I like to play. Longer than that and I am 3 shots into some of the par 4's.

Back