Do you use the bump and run?

Any time I can reasonably have a putter in my hand, I have a putter in my hand. There's a saying, "Your worst putt will be better than your worst chip".
Yes a few years ago I had the shanks and duffs chipping, I did iron it out over that winter and it improved ten fold but still I feel more confident with the ball on the ground more. Take the questions outta the equation for us

We just call it a chip around here, and yes, I chip a lot, but it takes a lot of practice to get the feel for the distances each club rolls out, and how to adjust for any elevation.

I use it rarely, maybe once every 2 or 3 rounds but ive been practicing it. a more accurate shot for me is a low chip that spins. i use the bump n run when there is space for it and also when theres rough or fairway between me and the green because it negates my low spin shot. I think why youre bringing it up is because it is harder to control and for me it is. i certainly do not do shots that run a lot like pros sometimes do becuase it is harder for me to get the distance right. even when i need to get it in the air, i do a high shot that also spins.

The bump & run came it quite handy during my last round. I used the green in front of me & picked a spot instead of trying to fly the ball to the hole. The result was a lot more one putts when I missed the green on my approach shots.

I have to thank @Jman for getting me back to my roots & a shot I let get away from me over the years.

Any time I can reasonably have a putter in my hand, I have a putter in my hand. There's a saying, "Your worst putt will be better than your worst chip".

That's the thing about sayings. They don't always apply. I hate putting through fringe. I'm no good at it. Especially when the grain is against me. You never know which way that ball will dodge around. I'd rather fly the ball over that crap, and get it on the short grass and rolling.

Back