Does Water Have a Flavor?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Or is it the absence of flavor?

No, for all you semantic fanatics, I do not mean is there a difference in various water sources. I mean in general.

Totally believe water has flavor. I live in an area that has mountain springs for culinary water sources. And each small town in the area has a different and distinct taste to their water. I'm led to believe it's because of the different levels of minerals in the water. Don't know for sure, but I do know the culinary water taste differently in each town.

Totally believe water has flavor. I live in an area that has mountain springs for culinary water sources. And each small town in the area has a different and distinct taste to their water. I'm led to believe it's because of the different levels of minerals in the water. Don't know for sure, but I do know the culinary water taste differently in each town.

Therefore, the water has no flavor. The flavor you're tasting is the other stuff in the water.

H2O has no flavor.

Well, water is the essence of wetness......so it has that going for it.

Therefore, the water has no flavor. The flavor you're tasting is the other stuff in the water.

H2O has no flavor.
If you're just talking the chemical make up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom, I agree with you. However, we don't get our water with just those atoms or raw chemical makeup. Whether it's bottled by some source or out of a tap, it is never that simple or pure.

If you're just talking the chemical make up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom, I agree with you. However, we don't get our water with just those atoms or raw chemical makeup. Whether it's bottled by some source or out of a tap, it is never that simple or pure.

Oh, I agree 100%. However, the original question asked about water and said, "I do not mean is there a difference in various water sources." So, water does not have flavor. Depending on the source and what "contaminants" are found in the water, you will taste a flavor.

I agree with @OGputtnfool here. You're talking about the tastes that come from various sources.

I think water has a flavor. I mean, it tastes like water, so it must have a flavor.

Some waters have different smells. Smell is related to taste.

Example. Take a drink of city potable water out of your faucet. Then if possible, take a drink clear, clean, untreated creek water. Two different tastes.

H2O:drinks:

And Beer:drinks:

I asking if YOU think water has a flavor. Would you taste something and say "that tastes like water?"

actual h2o, no
but different bottled water tastes different, different sources from throughout the country taste different.

if i was blind folded and someone handed me a glass of water and said what is it, then i guess i would say "that tastes like water"

Haha - if my wife is any barometer, it sure does! She LOVES purified water and HATES spring water (I'd love to run a taste test but I'm not foolish enough to bring any spring water into the house, or get accused of a poisoning attempt... lol).

Me: "You know purified water is just perfectly good tap water that has been treated to a secondary purification process and sold to you for 10,000X the price of tap water"?

Wife: "Mmmm hmm. can you get 2 of the 48-bottle packs next time"?

Water tastes like water so that is the flavor. lol

Water is just a blank flavorless canvas waiting to be brewed! Or distilled!

It definitely does! My girlfriend recently convinced me to switch from a brita on our tap to a dispenser with jugs bought at a local water store. The stuff from the store tastes WAY better than the self-filtered tap.

Water tastes like water, a taste all it's own which can be influenced.

I am sitting here, taking sips of my cup of water that came out of a filtered water station. I am trying to decide if it has taste or not....

I say.... I don't know. Maybe...

I asking if YOU think water has a flavor. Would you taste something and say "that tastes like water?"
this: Any drink with ice not in a Yeti for 30 minutes in the summer.

Everything has a taste, even if it is almost imperceptible, it has a taste.

In its purest form, I don't think water has a taste. Since water is a universal solvent, it picks up scents and flavors of all kinds of stuff.

I prefer my water to taste like Diet Pepsi. Or Diet Coke. Or sweet tea.

Back