Does your course have online tee time booking?

Yep, and very thankful for it! I can look to see what’s available using their app anytime. It’s fantastic!

We have an app that I just log into and go from there. Super useful and good for knowing what’s busy and where there’s a lull in times where I could get out with ease

I belong to Great life golf and fitness, they have 5 courses. And yes on line tee times are available for all courses.

I typically call but our online system (foreup) has always worked pretty well other than we can't easily toggle between our 4 courses while on the booking page. They also don't allow singles to book online but I get that with how busy our courses are. Singles can still get on easily enough (usually paired up) by calling ahead and/or waiting. Tee sheet is available to view on foreup which should help them find any lulls or wait at least busy course if they truely prefer playing alone.

The one issue with online booking are the guys who sign in at 1:00am two weeks in advance and grab all the early tee times. Then again, that probably beats re-dialing over and over when the 2 week window opens at 8:00am Monday.

Specifically if you belong to a club, does your course have an online tee time system? Or is it all via phone or in person?

Mine is adding a POS and online system come 4/1 and I’m really excited about it, but it got me wondering how many private/semi-private courses are modernizing like that versus staying true to the way it’s always been done.
Yes

I don't know of any courses near me that doesn't use some sort of online booking.

My club's (this will be my second year) system works great. Times open up 7 days in advance precisely at 7am. I've never had trouble getting a time within about 20-30 minutes of when I want to play (typically we shot for 9am). I can book for 1 - 4 players and if it's less than 4, the other spots remain open. Typically it's just my wife and I booking, so we look for another twosome we enjoy playing with and hop in their group.

If I want to bring clients or groups of more than 4 out, all I have to do is reserve the spots in the pro shop. They enter my name and the spots are held so no one else can take them when tee times open up. I've done this weeks in advance.

I just walk on any time I want, no tee times needed. If the first tee has people on it, I go to #10. I do try to play when I know less people will be teeing off on #1, but it's basically a whoever gets on the tee first gets to play first situation. We don't really do tee times.

ForeTees is the app we have ever since I joined Minnesota Valley CC in 2017. I love it, especially being able to see where others buddies are slotted for that day. I play 27 quite a bit on Thursdays joining some old golf buddies who tee off around 2-3PM. The system lets you make multiple tee times the same day as long as they are at least 4 hours apart and I adjust my morning tee time based on what time they are going off that day.

We also often adjust our tee time a bit earlier on Wednesday league day if we see a notoriously slow player or group at a certain time. :)

FWIW, most of the private clubs down here in Naples use the Foretees or similar app.

We use ForeTees as well, for tee times, event sign ups (some big events are excluded), tennis/platform tennis court reservations, and dining reservations. Makes it really easy.

I don’t belong to a private club, but all the public courses in my area have gone to online booking.

Back