Does Your Course Supply Water?

Mine doesn't do that. Used to have water coolers on the course, but they got rid of it which I'm not sure why.

I bring my own filtered water. I played at a course once that I saw someone using a hose outside from a faucet to fill up the coolers with water. Bc of that, I never trust courses water on the course. Who knows if they clean them out or where they get the water from.

My home course doesn't. We don't have water available on the course either, not jugs, no fountains. Only a 9 hole course but would be better if we had it available, I usually carry enough to get me around for the 9 holes.

Nope. Stupid Air Force policy. When it was an army golf course they did. Moose Run Golf Course in Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson.

Some have fountains on the course, some have coolers. When recycled water started going to irrigation most fountains were removed but no coolers added. As a matter of fact I see less coolers on the courses than I used to. I usually carry a couple bottles now

Coolers or water on the course is not needed at my home course. The course is built in triangles. You are back at the clubhouse every three holes. This also negates the need for the expense of cart girls.

No bottles, but on course jugs every 5ish holes for those who bring a bottle.

Most courses in the Vegas Valley supply free water.. They are water jugs locked in a dispenser. No one can add anything to the water.

If they're not supplying water jugs every few holes, they will have cart driving around with water.

I have used both as needed. Only question I had was where did the water come from. A water hose, or out of tap? Not that it matters. I grew up drinking out of a water hose.

No one local puts a water bottle in the cart but one course has an honor system fridge with bottled water 4th green, 14th tee. Bottle in the cart or a bottle when you pay green fees is a nice touch.

Yes, for $2/bottle, you can get all you want.

Nope, but they do have nice clean water jugs full of ice cold water on every 3/4 holes.

Same applies to most of the courses I play.

If I'm only given 1 water bottle in place of having jugs on the course, then I would prefer the jugs. I tend to drink quite a bit of water on warm days, and the 1 bottle would only last me a few holes.

My course doesn't do the bottles or on the course water jugs. It is a little frustrating.

I love the little things of having a cold bottle of water. My favorite course does it and has coolers on the course for additional bottles.

My course doesn't have water bottles in the cart, but I have played courses in the past that do it in the warmer months. I think Grand Cypress in Orlando was one of them.

When you rent a cart they have a couple of the small bottles of water in the cooler. Otherwise there are 2-3 coolers around the course for everyone.

Our CC provides ice/water station inside, and there's one between 12 green/13 tee, and then there's a couple water coolers spaced out on the course to fill your bottle up. Half the time those are empty though when you come to them.

I've heard that some courses are starting to get more reluctant to provide water in big coolers, for fear of tampering with the water. Not sure how much there is to that, but that's what I've heard. If that is indeed a concern, then they'll have to start providing bottled water I guess?

I have used both as needed. Only question I had was where did the water come from. A water hose, or out of tap? Not that it matters. I grew up drinking out of a water hose.

Kinda reminds of the "We got pool and a pond... Pond be good for you."

No courtesy water bottles at our courses. Unless its a sponsored event.

Wasn't there kid get sick & die from an on course water cooler in Arizona few years back. I used to get water from the coolers but not anymore...

I've heard that some courses are starting to get more reluctant to provide water in big coolers, for fear of tampering with the water. Not sure how much there is to that, but that's what I've heard. If that is indeed a concern, then they'll have to start providing bottled water I guess?

The county courses around me lock up the jugs, never truly appreciated it until you mentioned the fact that they could be tampered with. Now it's nice to have peace of mind and not worry about any issues with the water.

Recently at the snack shop after 11 they told me they would no longer fill up my water bottle for me. There’s a couple really old rusty fountains around the course that are pretty decrepit. This really irked me. The lady there is really inconsiderate all around. It’s right next 12 tee and she’s always talking loudly when people are teeing off. I make a point to bring everything I need and never spend a dime there again

We have two different coolers on the front nine and back nine for fresh ice cold bottled water. None of the germ jugs and bees nest havens out there.

Last couple of times out, the course had had fresh water bottles in the golf cart for each person and I really thought that is a great touch for a local track.

Does your course do this?
The course I frequent would have 2 water bottles and ice in the cart. Over the last year they have done away with such amenities. Drives me nuts when they don’t want you to bring any type of drinks on the course but they fail to keep drinkable water in abundance out on the course.

During the summer (100+ degrees here), I bring a 64 oz. Hydroflask bottle full of ice cold water with a couple packs of electrolyte powder mixed in. Straight water doesn't do it for me in those temps when I'm sweating buckets, and I easily drink the whole 64 ounces in a round.

Dont drink from the coolers at the course, bring your own.

Not individual water bottles but they do have a large water coolers and cups every 3 - 4 holes.

Water? Most of the time. Bottles? Never. Usually, a cooler in a stand with paper cups. I just refill my bottle when I'm done... assuming the course is keeping them full. In the summer, they are empty more often than they're full. I had to call multiple time to remind them that it was 100°+ and there were people on the course.
This typically an operational fail at a lot of courses. The problem is, at a lot of places, they rely on the grounds crew to maintain and fill the coolers. The problem with that is that those guys are long gone by the time the coolers are empty and no other staff department picks up the slack in the afternoon. The other problem is people that fill up their 32oz water bottles every chance they get. Do the math and ask yourself how many foursomes it takes to drain that ten gallon cooler when it starts out at almost 30-40% ice when it's filled? I've literally watched people dump out 75% of 32oz bottle right at the cooler and refill it because they want "fresh water".

It reached a point that we stopped putting ice in the coolers at all. The GM asked WTF was going on and our Super basically told him that our staff filled the coolers with ice and water before and all we heard were complaints that the water didn't last all day and that he wasn't going to call a member of our staff to come back, mid-day, and re-fill coolers when the clubhouse had a wait and kitchen staff that twiddled their thumbs for half their shift that were perfectly capable of re-filling the coolers between their lunch and dinner crowds. About a week later, we were no longer in charge of filling the coolers at all.

Yeah, we have the giant coolers filled from a garden hose...

I tend to bring my own water on the course...

My course doesn't supply bottled water. Just a water cooler on front and back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back