Does your swing work for you?

Today my dad wanted to take me to his club because they just got 3 Trackmans and new practice/teaching facility. Considering I have only been to the range a couple of times since the end of November I wasn't sure what I would see so after banging out about 40 to 50 shots with the driver here are some average numbers.

Club speed 109.8mph
AOA 5.8
Club face -2.1
Club path 2.0
I'm no expert but you must have hit some booming draws with those specs! 5+ AoA is not easy to do...very nice!

Interesting topic, Freddie. Right now, I would say no. I feel like I'm fighting my swing. I have lots of room for improvement inside 50 yards--both on and off the green. My short game has improved a lot since I started playing again a few years ago, but it still doesn't touch where I was when I was playing all the time in high school. The glaring weakness in my game right now is my inability to get off the tee. If I could find the fairway and avoid penalty strokes, I'm long enough where I would be in a good position. I'm not as consistent as I would like with my irons either, but like you pointed out to me, I have a feeling I'm just getting a little long with my swing there.
This makes me sad that you aren't getting off the tee. I know it's affecting your game.

Great thread!

I am finally comfortable with my swing and ability to hit shots. My goal is to take the left side of the course out of play, and have my bad shots be playable; this is where I'm at on any given day.

My failure to score is definitely with loose irons, loose wedge shots, a failure to convert a good percentage of birdie chances, and a < 50% scrambling percentage.

This makes me sad that you aren't getting off the tee. I know it's affecting your game.

Puts pressure on every other part of the game and it takes away some of the fun not feeling confident I'm gonna find the fairway. The good news is that you have given a few things that are easy for me to work on and I will update in that thread my progress when I get the chance to work on it.

Back