JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the featured hole in our newsletter this week. Figured I would bring it here.

The third is Dormie Club’s first of two reachable par 4s. A long iron off the tee will leave you just short of a treacherous fairway bunker, with a wedge in hand. The bolder player may choose to challenge the same bunker with their driver and give themselves a better chance at birdie. However, just being close to this green doesn’t always make things easier, as there are five different tiers to keep your attention.

ea46583e-10b5-5ef6-c813-8ab380d9b26c.gif

5 different tiers, one for each putt.

If it is reachable, you have to bang driver and hope for the best.

Reachable is relative. I'm hitting a 5 wood and then trying to stick one close on the right tier.

I am still going for the driver, might be the perfect hole for the shorter driver.

5 tier green 😳

Oh the horror ... :eek: 5 tiers!

oooh - that right bunker looks treacherous.

By myself? Iron just before the bunker
In a scramble? Driver here we come

I play to a yardage that gives me the club I am most confident in controlling distance. I'd play it to have 80-85 yards in and hit a smooth, gripped down 58*. So, if we're playing the black at 298, I'm hitting an easy 4H.

If we're playing the Dormie Tee at 312, I'm hitting 4H full and hitting either a full 58 or gripped down 54*.

oooh - that right bunker looks treacherous.

By myself? Iron just before the bunker
In a scramble? Driver here we come
All gas no brakes, here we come.

5 tiers... yikes.

5 tiers!?!? holy crap

Not a long hitter so going driver and having a shorter club in, but 5 tiers dang, that's a little intimidating.

Green tiers have the highest in the middle and feed down into both the front and back?

920F8AFA-19C1-4748-9436-EA72A7751F79.png

This hole will forever go down as the Bridge incident where I almost lost my partner to a creek bed.
That green is wicked…I think insaw a few putts roll right back down to where the previous stroke was made.

I cant reach it, so i am thinking i would play 4h off the tee hopefully leaving myself an easy wedge in, then a tour of the green.

5 tiers means I'm not likely to get a wedge to the right tier anyway if I lay back so may as well swing for the fences

I don't have the horsepower to clear it on most days, and I typically miss right. I'll hit a 5i, 54* and try to make par

I can tell you we played this hole 5 times and I can’t remember if @jdtox hit driver, but the closest I had in for a second shot was about 60 yds. The hole plays uphill.
7D0B1C09-C9F9-44B3-928A-EA5006277A0D.jpeg
…and I though I had a picture of this green somewhere. Maybe I posted it in the thread.

I'd like to be closer, but I'm sure I could muster up a 5-6i off the tee and 8-9i in. If I hit the green, I can 5 putt for a triple. But, with that much room I can crank a driver left of the right bunkers and hope I don't have the fade poking around.

Oh I believe I would be safe with my driver lay up🤣

Pending the direction of the wind I’ll range from D-UW in as close to the bunkers as possible. Should leave 60-75 yds to center then it’ll be a LW or SW pending the wind once more, and the tier onto the green plus the 6 yds added for the uphill shot.

Back