smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Borrowed one from a friend. Works for me as it keeps me centered. Like that I can use it with or without balls. Don't know if I would pay the $100 or so it costs. Looks like you can get a piece of wood from Home Depot to size for a few bucks-although this one is adjustable so you can use it for wedges-driver.

IMG_1735.jpg

There’s some variation this concept out there. I actually did just build one, but it just has a single rocker in the middle.

Seems like another training aid that someone will buy and throw in a closet after the first use to me

I will say I think a tennis ball cut in half is possibly better, if you’re trying to learn the feel of a properly timed weight shift.

The DownUnder board doesn't rock you just squeeze it between your feet.

I haven't used any of them but I definitely don't use the ground the way I should.

I put it in about the same class as a smart ball or the clicky thing I bought that warns you when you're bending your lead elbow too far. Potentially useful, but, unless you do a lot of reps with it you won't actually ingrain the proper form or motion it's intended to reinforce, so, once you go back to swinging without it, you'll just go back to your bad old habit.

I put the PlaneMate and most training aids into that same class, though some I think work better than others, and that probably depends upon the individual.

Back