Draw and Fade shots...

Atticus

CMSgt of THP
Reaction score
Do you recommend starting with the club face open or closed or trying to rotate the face throughout the swing? I like to start with the club face open or closed but my friend insists that I try to rotate throughout the swing.

Atticus,
There is an episode on THP TV that shows exactly how to play both of these. I believe it is THP TV Volume III.

Please check out the THP TV episode that covers working the ball. It is a very simple way to work the ball. I am not a fan of open or closed club face because we tend to compinsate for it without trying. Please try the techniques that we laid out for you and let me know what you think. If you need more info please let me know or send me a pm. Thanks and good luck.

Are any THP TV playing the game videos still available for viewing, like the one for this topic? No luck finding any so far.

It depends on how mug a draw or fade I’m trying to hit. If it’s just a little fade I’ll try to do that via swing path (out to in) with a square face. The bigger the cut/slice I need I will start with a more open face.

For the draw/hook I have to be careful with closing the face to start with. My miss is me flipping my hands and hitting a huge hook so I just kind of let my miss take over to hit that shot.

Just keep the clubface aligned to the target and make your stance slightly open or closed and swing along your stance. Same exact swing.

Back