Driver Peak Height

I am usually between 80 and 110 feet, mostly a guess.

I did a trackman fitting with several different drivers a couple months ago. Peak height on the highest drive was 95'. Peak averaged in the 80s with pretty much all the combos I hit. Per the fitter, I was getting my best results when loft was set somewhere in the 8*- 9.5* range depending upon the combo. Usually hitting inside the green bars for all parameters on the trackman optimizer screen. Launch angles were generally around 15, dynamic loft in the 16s, and spins in the mid 2000s.
I'm not a high swing speed guy, averaging 92 that day but my smashes typically averaged 1.46 to 1.49 depending upon the combo/setting. I read in another thread that 100' was optimal but shouldn't optimal peak height be related to swing speed? 100' is about what the PGA pros average but the LPGA average only about 75' and their club speed is pretty much same as mine?

Last edited:
I certainly hit a high ball with some carry. Something I need since I'm not a super fast swinger. I would guess normally around 100 feet. My normal flight path is a high fade as well.

Around 100' iirc based on hitting outdoors on trackman and flightscope. On sims I am usually over 40yds, but I don't think those numbers are accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back