Driver Peak Height

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think your peak height is on average for your driver?

60 feet? I think I remember seeing this on my last flightscope session.

That's a good question and it's not a number I've ever looked at.

I'm usually around 26-27 yards unless I hit it low on the face - driver SS is right around 100

I feel like it is too low. 60ish feet.

70-80 ft unless I pop one up!

I have no clue but I would say that it is an easy 75 feet high

At most I'd say 15 yards or so ... I don't hit a really high ball. I'd love to get on a monitor and actually have it checked though.

I had to look up the average height of mature oaks...40-80', btw.

I'll guess 85'. But that seems kinda high.

I have nothing to base this on......zero....zip......nada, but I am going with 25 yards, or 75'. I recently started playing with 10.5 and saw an increase in peak height visually from my 9.5. I regret not getting on the scope at KickOffClassic.

JM

I had to look up the average height of mature oaks...40-80', btw.

I'll guess 85'. But that seems kinda high.

Not that high at all actually. I like following these threads then watching threads that pop up with people "hitting the ball to high"

I actually don't know this!! I'll have to hop on a sim sometime soon with my driver & check it out. I'm usually so concerned with total yardage that I don't think I've ever looked at peak height.

Having just gone through a bunch of driver fittings I can answer this. With my R15 I was ballooning the ball and seeing peak height around 48 yards, but after getting fit into M2 I settled around the 30-35 yard mark.

Having just gone through a bunch of driver fittings I can answer this. With my R15 I was ballooning the ball and seeing peak height around 48 yards, but after getting fit into M2 I settled around the 30-35 yard mark.

Good stuff. I think with your D200 you were at 31.5 yards (according to FlightScope).

A recent demo session with the LTD was right about 40. I don't know if that was feet or yards. I think the G30 is normally higher so maybe 50???

60 feet sounds right.

Good stuff. I think with your D200 you were at 31.5 yards (according to FlightScope).
I really wish I wrote those numbers down somewhere but yeah the D200 launched so well. It was giving me great height when my swing generated nothing of the sort.

No idea. I didn't see what I was doing on the flight scope. Not sure if that was average compared to my G30.

No idea. I didn't see what I was doing on the flight scope. Not sure if that was average compared to my G30.

The Callaway XR16 was 33 yards for you.

The Callaway XR16 was 33 yards for you.

If I am remembering correctly, it was the lowest one I hit.

90'. I want more

Last weekend it was maybe 6 feet. As far as what it normally is, I have no idea.

Back