Driver Question; Is The Next Model Year Worth The Extra Money?

cpo2

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new driver. I’m down to the Callaway Paradym or Rogue ST Max LS. The price difference between the two isn’t very much; ≈ $50. Is the Paradym (normal, not X or TD) worth the extra cash or is the performance of the Rogue ST Max LS just as good?

If I could hit them both I would, but at this point the sale on Callaway Pre Owned ends tomorrow and I want to pick one up before the prices go back up.

Never hit a paradym or smoke but the ST Max LS is a spectacularly good driver.

Technically Paradym is last year’s model. The Smoke is this year’s. And the fitters I work with thought the Paradym was the better model. Does CPO offer a playability guarantee? EDIT: they have a 90 day buy-back policy.

$50 sure I’d get the newest version i could. $200 or so depends on the data and how it plays for me. So demo both and get the ones that fits you better.

I was playing the Mavrik driver when the Rogue came out. I hit my buddy's Rogue, even checked a demo model out of the pro shop and played it for a couple rounds, and it didn't impress me enough to upgrade.

When the Paradym came out, I checked a demo model out for a couple rounds, and couldn't get my wallet out of my pocket fast enough to buy one. I left scorch marks on my credit card from pulling it out so fast. :LOL:

IMO, the Paradym is a superior driver to the Rogue. I would gladly pay $50 more for it if I was facing that choice.

The latest driver is never worth the $200-$300 extra cost above the similar model from 1-2 years earlier.
I disagree. Never is a strong word. It was worth the upgrade from RogueST to Ai smoke

The latest driver is never worth the $200-$300 extra cost above the similar model from 1-2 years earlier.
Never is a bold statement. I’ve seen first hand improvements that would justify any amount imaginable. It’s just so player dependent.

the whole worth thing is up to the individual thought right? If the performance is better and money isn't and issue, who am I to say it's not worth it. That's why testing equipment is fun.

Never is a bold statement. I’ve seen first hand improvements that would justify any amount imaginable. It’s just so player dependent.

That’s a good point about it being player dependent. For me personally, I’m looking for something that will keep me in play as much as possible and it can not be draw biased. Neutral to fade biased is what works best for me.

That’s a good point about it being player dependent. For me personally, I’m looking for something that will keep me in play as much as possible and it can not be draw biased. Neutral to fade biased is what works best for me.
And I guess that’s why a fitting is so important. If you just buy off the rack or go to a store and hit a couple in the sim, there’s a good chance it’s going to be just like the rest that aren’t set up for you.

I almost always wait minimum 2 years between driver upgrades. I don’t regret at all going AI Smoke after playing Paradym last year.

And I guess that’s why a fitting is so important. If you just buy off the rack or go to a store and hit a couple in the sim, there’s a good chance it’s going to be just like the rest that aren’t set up for you.

True, very true. If I had the time I would go hit them all, but I really want to grab one before the 25% off sale ends.

True, very true. If I had the time I would go hit them all, but I really want to grab one before the 25% off sale ends.
Just my $0.02 here but I haven’t seen anyone go back to the Rogue after hitting the Paradym. And the Rogue was a beast

I traded in my Rogue for a Paradym in November. Haven’t gotten to hit it yet, but I do like upgrading every year. I don’t think I’ve ever upgraded and liked it less than the older driver model.

For $50, sure I would go a year newer. Sometimes it might not be a big change, other years it might surprise you.

i played with both of these drivers. The Rogue max LS is a fantastic driver, but the Paradym is just better. The Paradym is faster off the tee and more forgiving.

I think the Paradym is absolutely worth the extra 50.

I have played both for a full season and the Paradym is easily the better driver. I really like the Max LS but the feel off the face and the sound of the Paradym made it an easy decision. So much, I will continue to play Paradym this year, I like it that much.

Wow.

I've got a Rogue Max, and think it's pretty good.

However, after reading what everyone has said about the newer models, I can't wait to try them!

Between the 2 you’re talking about, I’d definitely go the extra $50.

I think with anything they are worth a test. Sometimes, newer editions are incrementally better, sometimes there are big leaps that are clearly distinguishable in the data. Get fit and try them out! You aren't obligated to buy unless you really want to

It's impossible to answer generically. For someone playing casually, 3-4yds extra in a vacuum per drive might not change much in the real world in the way of scoring.

Also, money is relevant to define "worth it". An extra 200$ might not mean much to some people even if it only buys them even 1 extra yard

As others have said, hit them if you can and decide which mix you like.

I think one would have to hit them and then determine if the increased cost is worth it to them.

“Worth it” is different for every person. Simple as that. I know we all want social assurances of our own values but we need to understand not everyone has the same values so not everyone is going to make the same decisions. Is what it is. You do you and I’ll do me.

I only played the Rogue Max, but prefer the look and sound of the Paradym better. That alone would be enough for me. I also got better performance but year to year I personally feel it’s more player driven and fit driven to what is the “better” choice.

Back