Driver vs 3w- fairway finder?

While I don't carry the 3w any longer I do carry a 3h which I use on tight par 4's and par 5 approach shots. I'm certainly giving up distance vs a 3w only being able to hit my 3h about 205 to 210. However, something about the roughly 2 inch shorter shaft on the 3h gives me more confidence.

No point in hitting a FW for me unless the hole demands a shorter shot. I max my driver out at 230 or so and I only max my FW at 200. The dispersion just isn't that much better to make up for those precious yards. I am already behind 75% of the people I play with, I can't give up 30 more yards. I generally find on hole that narrow up the further out you go that my driver doesn't make it to that part of the fairway anyway so no worries there.

You need to try the SIM fws. Off the deck is surprisingly easy to hit.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I have some fw's I like, they're just not "new." The 3W is a club that I want consistent distance, so I don't feel like I need to chase distance in that spot with "newer" tech. I don't think it will do much for me over what I have. I like the look of that SIM weight distribution in the driver. Looks like a good design. (y)

I am as accurate with driver as 3 wood. I generally hit driver unless I am trying to avoid a trap or some other issue at a certain distance. If the hole is just narrow I hit driver.

I agree with this.

I have some fw's I like, they're just not "new." The 3W is a club that I want consistent distance, so I don't feel like I need to chase distance in that spot with "newer" tech. I don't think it will do much for me over what I have. I like the look of that SIM weight distribution in the driver. Looks like a good design. (y)
I certainly thought that myself. How much distance could it possibly add.
In the simulator I was watching a guy routinely hit it 270 and I just figured it was simulator blown up yardage. Then I saw him do it on the course.
My 4w was well dialed in and steady. I needed a Taylormade test head as all the shafts were Taylormade tipped. I ordered a head only 3w Ti. I took the plunge, and added 25 yard of reliable, accurate distance. My previous 4w was a reliable 230 that at times could get out to 240. I now take dead aim at 250 to a green... off the deck.
This is a club that is actually worth the plunge in extra cost. Its not hype. Its a huge leap forward in performance.

I certainly thought that myself. How much distance could it possibly add.
In the simulator I was watching a guy routinely hit it 270 and I just figured it was simulator blown up yardage. Then I saw him do it on the course.
My 4w was well dialed in and steady. I needed a Taylormade test head as all the shafts were Taylormade tipped. I ordered a head only 3w Ti. I took the plunge, and added 25 yard of reliable, accurate distance. My previous 4w was a reliable 230 that at times could get out to 240. I now take dead aim at 250 to a green... off the deck.
This is a club that is actually worth the plunge in extra cost. Its not hype. Its a huge leap forward in performance.

Those Ti 3W's can be fun. Little drivers, really. You equally confident off the tee with it? Good club if so! Had a Ti Adams head once, but it was really hard to hit.
Have experienced new club Nirvana before. Hope it never wears off for ya! :love:;)
I think I still have 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 3W's. No tempting me, please. :LOL:

Those Ti 3W's can be fun. Little drivers, really. You equally confident off the tee with it? Good club if so! Had a Ti Adams head once, but it was really hard to hit.
Have experienced new club Nirvana before. Hope it never wears off for ya! :love:;)
I think I still have 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 3W's. No tempting me, please.
Out of the tee box onlookers just let out an audible... wow...
The sound and trajectory are inspiring.

Is that a SIM Ti 3W.
Yes. I hit my share of equipment and have never seen this sort of LEAP in performance.

I'm equally likely to miss the fairway with either. Some recent swing changes seem to be helping, though

Back