Driver vs Putter - What Have You Spent More Money On?

In the last ten years two putters and numerous drivers.

Drivers >>> Putters

I bought a new putter when I came back to golf in '14. It was a horrible fit and way out of spec. I putted like a$$ with that thing until replacing it in '18 after a putter fitting. Night and day. I probably won't replace my current putter unless it's stolen. Not counting trade ins I spent $590 on the two new putters and the fitting.

I also bought a new driver in '14 and just bought my 4th new driver. Not counting trade ins I would've spent $1945 on those four new drivers and fittings.

Last edited:
Putters by like a 10 to 1 margin. I've probably had more putters than I have other clubs combined since joining THP.

Drivers, and it ain't even close.

I almost wish I had the problem of too many drivers and putters.:ROFLMAO:

Until last year I had only used two putters in the last 24 years so drivers. Including last year still drivers.

I have spent more on drivers. Only recently spent some $$'s on putters.

I’m way behind the power curve here... I’ve had 2 blade putters and a mallet. 3 drivers in total.

Partly it’s because I’m cheap. Partly its because I research the daylights out of stuff. Because of this, I don’t experience all of the equipment everyone else does.

Drivers, without a doubt. I'm on my 9th year with my Ghost Spider.

My gamer driver is a component driver. Cost me $129 to be fitted, and have it built to my swing specs.

The other two drivers I have, (Tour Edge Geomax 2s, 9.0* & 12.0*) were $159 each from Fiddlers Green in Oregon. They are both still in, new unused condition. Maybe some day I will use one of them if my current gamer ever wears out.

My current "B1 Heavy Putter" was free, since I have permanently borrowed it from my cousin. The 20+ year gamer it replaced, was purchased for around $20 out of a bargain bin iirc.

All four of these clubs are pretty old, but they still get the job done. I have spent more money on drivers than putters since I took up this game, and I bought a lot of putters in my beginngs.

Back