Early morning golf, do you expect to play faster?

Hell yes. I expect to be out in front of the daily play and to get through my round as fast as I can while still enjoying myself.

The only time I want to spend more than 4 hours at a course in the morning is if I’m playing TWO rounds.

I tee off 6:05 every Saturday and there are only 4 times ahead of us. For a while we've been finishing up between 9:15 - 9:45... typically yes we play much faster at that time compared to an afternoon round.

My course is still doing prepay for permanent tee times and need to pay by Tuesday night or else they open up that spot. The last 3 rounds the group ahead of us has not played so its been 3 different groups each time. Its gotten slower each time... this past Saturday we finished 18 at 11:07! Group ahead of us was absolutely terrible, no etiquette, or knowledge. They all drove together to each other's ball and watched their shot. Threw divots at each other in the fairways.... we played a short par 4 where we waited for them to get off the green. Next hole was a par 3. We finished the par 4 before they even left the tee box. Ended up being 2 1/2 holes behind

Doesn’t matter what time I tee off, I can only play as fast as the group ahead.

I tee off 6:05 every Saturday and there are only 4 times ahead of us. For a while we've been finishing up between 9:15 - 9:45... typically yes we play much faster at that time compared to an afternoon round.

My course is still doing prepay for permanent tee times and need to pay by Tuesday night or else they open up that spot. The last 3 rounds the group ahead of us has not played so its been 3 different groups each time. Its gotten slower each time... this past Saturday we finished 18 at 11:07! Group ahead of us was absolutely terrible, no etiquette, or knowledge. They all drove together to each other's ball and watched their shot. Threw divots at each other in the fairways.... we played a short par 4 where we waited for them to get off the green. Next hole was a par 3. We finished the par 4 before they even left the tee box. Ended up being 2 1/2 holes behind
I had a twosome yesterday that wouldn’t let me through, slowest ever on the greens and I mean slowest. After the 5th hole when I caught them (They were on 3 when I teed on 1) I proceeded to play two balls per hole because they wouldn’t let me through despite waiting. It took 2.5 hours to play 9, so I finally skipped a hole after hitting up on them as close as I safely could and they still wouldn’t let me through. I played the final 8 holes in 45 minutes, lord knows where they still were when I left to go home and mow the acreage.

I love outdoors. But, I can enjoy it and not play slow ass golf at the same time. :ROFLMAO:

I had a twosome yesterday that wouldn’t let me through, slowest ever on the greens and I mean slowest. After the 5th hole when I caught them (They were on 3 when I teed on 1) I proceeded to play two balls per hole because they wouldn’t let me through despite waiting. It took 2.5 hours to play 9, so I finally skipped a hole after hitting up on them as close as I safely could and they still wouldn’t let me through. I played the final 8 holes in 45 minutes, lord knows where they still were when I left to go home and mow the acreage.

I love outdoors. But, I can enjoy it and not play slow ass golf at the same time. :ROFLMAO:
Thats crazy.. I try not to get mad bc people are out there for fun but its frustrating.

And yea I love being out there but not standing all day... it ruined my round completely but its my own fault for getting in my head. I was -4 through 5 holes (never ever done that before) and ended up shooting 79. Lost my momentum completely. There were times I had 15 minutes between shots

One of the simplest things a player can do is walk at a decent pace. Sauntering along is time that doesn't need to be wasted and it's such a bad optic. It visually appears as though you don't give a rat's about keeping pace. Waste time by other means if you must but is it too much to ask that you move along?

Hell yes. I expect to be out in front of the daily play and to get through my round as fast as I can while still enjoying myself.

The only time I want to spend more than 4 hours at a course in the morning is if I’m playing TWO rounds.
If we get out ahead of the herd, we can finish as a twosome in 2:45 or less without really rushing at all. Even as a foursome, we'll usually finish in around 3:15 if there's nobody in our way.

In the summer afternoons around here it gets pretty hot. Most days are over 100 degrees. So it isn't busy at all after 2. But it ain't fun playing in triple digit heat. At least I don't need much time to warm up.

I go out as early as possible to try and avoid crowds. Or even go out evening (around supper time) hoping for the same thing.

Got out on the first tee time today at 7am with @Lions81 we made the turn in 1:45 because we screwed around a hole or 2, I mean we were literally the only ones out there. As we made the turn the starter tells us they just let out a walking 5some and 2some in front of us and said they were told to let us pass. WTF:mad: We pull up to the tee and the 5some is a bunch of kids who actually let us go in front on the first/10th hole. The twosome wouldn't let us pass for 4 holes :mad: When we finally past them we caught up to another twosome. I mean why is the course letting people off when they know they will have guys making the turn? Needless to say we were not happy with how things transpired today.

I expect to be done in 4 hours or less when teeing off before 8, even on weekends. I also prefer to walk and that is when it's cooler and more people do walk. I think carts can make it much slower when 2 people have no idea where there ball is.

Back