Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
We don’t see much discussion of Ecco golf shoes on the forum? Is there a reason for that?

I own a bunch. Honestly I've loved a lot of them in the past, but not their recent ones. They've leaned a little firm underfoot, a little big on size, and a little short on durability lately.

Last edited:
I’ve got the Biom Hybrid lace ups. Tried on a bunch of dofferent options at pgatss but none had the toe room that these had. Are there better options for walking…probably. But im happy with them for the room and comfort.

I agree with @OldandStiff

They were always my favorite shoe until the last few years. I saw a pair I really liked in December and ordered in the same size I always have. When they didn’t fit after taking a week to deliver, I found out that they have changed their policy to no exchanges.

They did give me the option to return and re-purchase, but it was going to be a 2-3 week process (a week to get the return, a week to process my refund, a week to ship me a new pair).

I returned the pair and used my refund to buy a pair off of Amazon for half the price and two day delivery. I won’t order from them online ever again. If I buy Ecco, it will be at a store where I try them on.

Have 3 pairs of them , 2 older pairs and a new unused pair , ( ready for summer use , we are in winter ) . My wide foot fits them beautifully, l’ve Biom 3 ‘s black and white .

The true measure is from
When you step on the first and off the last , how do your feet feel ? In my case comfortably and not tired or sore .

Longevity , l clean mine at end of every round and look after leather uppers . Can’t say they have anything other than normal wear and tear and still fulfill the function . The older pairs are 7 y old .

My guess @Tenputt , is some brands don’t have sufficient market penetration. So they don’t garner the same enthusiasm or social support … nothing wrong with the product. But it’s not part of a range - like Adidas / Callaway, or a Footjoy which is tied to Titleist. So you don’t have association or cross promotion etc

I have a pair of Biom C4s and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I find they fit my foot very well, are very supportive and the soles provide good traction. I would definitely buy another pair of C4s. When I was looking for black shoes recently I couldn’t find a pair of the C4s in black locally so I went with something I could buy locally. If they had the Eccos I would have gotten another pair.

I do agree that not every model of the Ecco shoes runs the same. I find that is true from every manufacturer though which is tremendously frustrating and why I no longer order shoes online unless I have worn that exact model.

Ecco’s are my go to shoe and circulate 3 pairs at the moment. I agree their durability has suffered since they moved production overseas a couple of years ago as I had 2 pairs replaced last year for defects within couple of months. They are still comfortable and fit my foot the best of what I have owned.

I love mine, but mine are a bit older

Had the H4’s which were great but the sole was coming away from the upper so sent them in for warranty replacement. Got the C4’s which are even better, super comfortable. I had Puma Ignites from a few years ago and adidas tour360 xt and the C4’s are still the most comfortable.

The only issue I have is that the bottom sole just never looks clean. Wipe them after every round but still look dirty, at this point it seems they’re just faded and nothing can be done.

Comfortable.

However being thrown out of their booth at the PGA show multiple years just for trying to bring the community coverage of them has turned me off, to put it mildly.

They were once my go-to shoe more than five years ago. But later, the fit was not right - a little loose or go down a size, a little tight. Can't get them to work.

I've gone to Puma and TrueLinkswear

Comfortable.

However being thrown out of their booth at the PGA show multiple years just for trying to bring the community coverage of them has turned me off, to put it mildly.

Wow, that’s incredible.

I had one pair I picked up for a steal on Budget Golf and honestly just never found them comfortable. Just felt like there was no flex to them, like walking with a plank attached to the bottom of your shoe.

It was hilariously rude. Like @ddec and I are fierce corporate spies. 🤣

thought we were trying to sneak off with their designs. Even though we could have bought a pair and done the same thing haha

I have owned I think 3 pair of Ecco’s and was happy with all of them. But they are a hard sell on me still because of PGA show.

I love my Bioms. . My favorite shoe. Like a lot of Euro brands I think their styling as it relates to Americans is very hit or miss. I look online and don’t like a lot of their stuff based on looks.

I have a pair of Echo H4 shoes. I have found them to be very comfortable. I tend to look for shoes with a wider toe box and these these have been great for me.

Own a pair of Biom hybrids. Comfortable enough, but the styling has always put me off Ecco shoes (not just their golf shoes). I’ve always found they look a little on the staid side.

I have very wide feet to the point that I had to get my golf shoes from Hitchcock in 3E/4E. Liked them very much (comfortable and kind of stylish) but needed another pair and Hitchcock was out of stock so I visited my local PGASS to see what I could come up with. I tried on all the standard brands I could find in W, WW, etc. but found nothing that was wide enough and comfortable. Then, for some reason, I decided to try on Ecco BIOMs even though they only offered M width. Turned out to be extremely comfortable, plus they were on sale for something like $100 off (why I don't know). Only issue is the damn cleats: The Tru-Lok (or whatever that system is called) don't seem to actually lock in, I replaced all of them just recently and today two cleats came off while I was playing. I won't buy another pair of Ecco with that system.

It’s all I wear now for golf and has been that Way for several seasons. I started with the Biom Hybrid 2 version and have owned a dozen or so of those. Now I’m into the latest Biom Hybrid models and have 3 of those that I rotate. I even wear them off the course at times - especially when my foot pain is acting up.

I used to have Ecco shoes but found that the leather stretched out too much in the heel area and then I started to get blisters.

I have a pair of Ecco Biom Cool Pro golf shoes and absolutely love them. Very comfortable and they have held up great.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I had some Eccos way back in the day. I ended up picking up a pair of BIOM C4 with some credit that I had. They feel good to just wear around, but they feel kind of firm underfoot for walking 18 holes. Also, the sole seems deep and I think may even change the bottom of my swing a tad. I will have to see If it affects me out on the course.

Back