Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I watched Chris Como's show on the Golf Chanel (Como Concepts) & the one titled "Safe Speed" had a segment about a type of myofascial stretching technique called ELDOA. It's a French acronym & the the guy they had on (Dan Hellman) is a big supporter of using this to keep your body & especially your spine healthy.

Each stretch is meant to be 60 seconds long with full effort & focus: no eyes closed relaxing stuff here lol!

I found a few video references. Unfortunately I can't find any video from the original program & my recording appears to be low resolution for some reason.

This was one of the stretches demoed on the Como show:
Here's the L5-S1 stretch (most commonly injured joint is L4-L5 or L5-S1, accod=rding to Hellman)

They also did a T12-L1 stretch: Start with knees bent 90*, roll right leg out, stick left leg out at 45* with toes pointed at chin & foot rolled inward. Then do the Spiderman web shooter move, and then raise arm up to sky.
T12-L1 (1).JPGT12-L1 (12).JPGT12-L1 (3).JPG

They also did this T8-T9 stretch:

T9-T9 4.JPG

These guys have a series of videos that show/explain some of this stuff:

Has anyone ever heard of this or tried doing it? What little research I saw looks very promising for actually changing the space/thickness of disks in the spine.

JonMA1

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I haven’t had a chance to look at the videos, but it looks interesting. I like like the idea of holding a stretch for 60 seconds.

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
no i have not but i believe i will do some digging

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm having trouble finding specific list of stretches or actual techniques shown. Dan Hellman has a few things up, but it's just him talking about how great this stuff is.

Seems like you may have to find a certified person & spend some cash. But I figure what Como showed on TGC is enough to get started with & hopefully I can build from there.

-CRW-

Reaction score
I love the show (Comp Concepts) and watch them all, but I must have been multitasking when watching this one because I don’t remember it. I’ll have to give some of the stretches a try.

My lower back kills me a few times a year with no obvious cause. I’m sure it’s from the repetitive motion of the golf swing. My chiropractor thinks it’s related to the SI joint or maybe the L5-S1 joint and likely inflammation that irritates a nerve to trigger the pain. His electronic/automated traction table helps resolve it after a few sessions so that first stretch may help me.

Steve2100

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
rising
I stumbled across the ELDOA method last year. My wife has bad neck and spine issues and I thought it was something that could help her. She tries to do it once or twice a day. It is by no means a cure all but she says it does give her some relief. I saw that Chris Como episode Ill check to see if its still on demand on xfinity.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks promising!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in