Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still on the fence about which iPad I want to purchase.

I consider myself a pretty good authority on all things Apple. What are you looking to use it for? Do you currently have an iPhone? MacBook Pro or Air Laptop?

I consider myself a pretty good authority on all things Apple. What are you looking to use it for? Do you currently have an iPhone? MacBook Pro or Air Laptop?

I'm obsessed with apple as well. Currently have the iPhone 4S and the 2009 model white MacBook. I'm torn between the Retina or Mini. Looking to use it for the forum and play games and stream Netflix when I'm on the road. Things like that which is making me lean more towards the Retina.

I'm obsessed with apple as well. Currently have the iPhone 4S and the 2009 model white MacBook. I'm torn between the Retina or Mini. Looking to use it for the forum and play games and stream Netflix when I'm on the road. Things like that which is making me lean more towards the Retina.

To be honest, I prefer the Mini for the things you are describing. Netflix streams ares that high of a resolution anyway and games are easier to play with the smaller screen. I switched when I realized my 13" Air was really close in physical size to the iPad, so I downgraded and I prefer it.

If you really want a Retina, the 3rd Gen models are a steal, and you wont have to carry two cables around to charge your phone and your iPad.

To be honest, I prefer the Mini for the things you are describing. Netflix streams ares that high of a resolution anyway and games are easier to play with the smaller screen. I switched when I realized my 13" Air was really close in physical size to the iPad, so I downgraded and I prefer it.

If you really want a Retina, the 3rd Gen models are a steal, and you wont have to carry two cables around to charge your phone and your iPad.

I didn't know the 3rd gen had the Retina. But now that you say you prefer it for things I'm looking for has me wondering. I plan on getting a blue tooth keyboard for typing things on the forum so the key boards aren't really affecting me a at all. The cameras on the mini are just as good as the 4 correct?

I didn't know the 3rd gen had the Retina. But now that you say you prefer it for things I'm looking for has me wondering. I plan on getting a blue tooth keyboard for typing things on the forum so the key boards aren't really affecting me a at all. The cameras on the mini are just as good as the 4 correct?

For Skype and the occasional outside swing video they work great. I still prefer the cameras in my iPhone when I need something.

For Skype and the occasional outside swing video they work great. I still prefer the cameras in my iPhone when I need something.

Hmmm. I appreciate the info. This weekend I'm going to go the apple store and compare them to one another and make my final decision.

iPad Mini = iPad 2 in every way but size, better camera, and better wi-fi connectivity.

iPad 3= retina display, faster processor than Mini, same camera as mini, wi-fi antennas were a huge problem in this model

iPad 4= exactly the same as iPad 3 except for vastly improved wi-fi antenna, faster (twice as fast) processor than 3, better forward facing camera (HD), and different charger

iPad Mini = iPad 2 in every way but size, better camera, and better wi-fi connectivity.

iPad 3= retina display, faster processor than Mini, same camera as mini, wi-fi antennas were a huge problem in this model

iPad 4= exactly the same as iPad 3 except for vastly improved wi-fi antenna, faster (twice as fast) processor than 3, better forward facing camera (HD), and different charger

Hmmm so what would you suggest? Lol the mini has the new charger as well too right?

Hmmm so what would you suggest? Lol the mini has the new charger as well too right?

Oh... Yeah. I forgot to add that.

I wouldn't ask me for suggestions if i were you. I'm a "biggest and best" kind of guy.

Oh... Yeah. I forgot to add that.

I wouldn't ask me for suggestions if i were you. I'm a "biggest and best" kind of guy.

Haha alright I'll go compare them and see!

Love my nexus 7! Just leave auto screen brightness on, as soon as I turned that on and turned up the brightness the battery was eaten up very quickly!

Thanks for this , I can feel a duty free purchase coming on in May...then I have an excuse to get the bigger memory version.......:banana:

Seriously? Where are the rest of the gadget nerds? I love my phablet, but...this could be what brings HTC back... HTC One...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-preview

htc-one-jason.jpg

The camera is the most intriguing part. My next phone will be the Android device that takes the best pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
the camera is the highlight of the One, IMO. Being able to take videos and pick and choose still frames from those videos is such an incredible feature for a smartphone.

the camera is the highlight of the One, IMO. Being able to take videos and pick and choose still frames from those videos is such an incredible feature for a smartphone.

Not to mention one of, if not the best, low light sensors on the market and built in image stabilization.

Not to mention one of, if not the best, low light sensors on the market and built in image stabilization.

Exactly dude. It's intriguing for sure. Small screen though..

Okay, I need some assistance. iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Pros and cons of each, if you'd be so kind... Thanks!!!

Okay, I need some assistance. iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Pros and cons of each, if you'd be so kind... Thanks!!!
Completely different phones. What are you looking for in a phone? Prefer Android or iOS?
I'm sure you've mentioned it earlier in this or the Android thread, but how do you carry the Note around?

I carry it in my pocket. Its thin, doesnt create bulk at all. Love it.

I love my iPhone. But, I would skip anything Samsung makes and head to the new HTC One. I prefer Sense to Touchwiz.

HTC has always made good devices. They always fell behind on the software side. Sounds like they finally revamped Sense which was a memory hog. Question is, how easy is it to root. Samsung made it very easy for developers to root and pretty hard to brick.

#centerofthemiddle

The fact that you have to root your phone on Android is one of the reasons I can't stand it. If it doesn't work how you need out of the box, what's the point?

I love my iPhone. But, I would skip anything Samsung makes and head to the new HTC One. I prefer Sense to Touchwiz.
Except the latest version of Sense almost sent HTC in to bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back