Entire golf set stolen, starting again... Any tips?

With Farm Bureau, you have to itemize everything. So you will list every club/bag/etc. in your set. We pay up to the actual cash value of the property at the time of loss, but not more than the applicable limit of insurance or the amount necessary to repair or replace the property.

So when you buy new clubs, you need to let your agent know so they can update your coverage.

I just got a quote through my FB agent and itemized my grandaddy clubs, bag, and range finder, about $3,500 worth of coverage for $48/year, and he said if I change clubs just to let him know.

But as often as I change my clubs it seems like a lot of work to keep them up-to-date

But as often as I change my clubs it seems like a lot of work to keep them up-to-date

That's up to you. The agent shouldn't care.

It is really on you to do it, otherwise you get reimbursed for the expense of the itemized clubs instead of your actual clubs.

Sorry for your loss. Did you already check with your insurance company to see if you were already covered under your home owners / renters policy? You may be covered under a blanket coverage policy that covers items like cameras and sporting equipment. You may end up getting some of your money back after a paid deductable.

I for example called my insurance company and asked about getting insurance on a new Kubota BX2370 tractor. With all of the implements (front end load, snow blower, mid mount mower) it's worth the north side of $20,000 CAD. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was no additional fees to cover it under our home owners policy. The reason it was no charge was, it was not being used for commercial purposes. Others I know have similar coverages, but they also have a restriction of up to 25 HP. Ours is a 23 HP diesel.

With the same above restrictions our 6' x 12' our utility trailer also didn't need any additional coverage either.

If you haven't already called, it may be worth a try.

All the best!

Sorry to hear about the clubs, keep us posted if you do eventually find them. And :welcome:

Back